Capital One, is one strange company

tag
L-TWT
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One, is one strange company

@JayPaulM29 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@L-TWT wrote:

I closed my Capital One Venture card this past 01/2015 for they would not budge on reducing my APR from 16.9% to a more decent rate more inline with my other cards. But I'm still able to go online and make changes to my closed card preferences and I'm still receiving my monthly credit tracker from Transunion offered my Capital One, so strange!

Nope, they are not going to budge on a rewards card.  I guess the lowest they could have moved is to the 13.99% that is in their current T&C?  

As for the others, I again laugh at how you guys get mad with the lender because they will not do what you think that they should do.  And I hate to say this, if you pay the card in full or charge no more than what you could afford to pay off each statement, APR doesn't matter. 

+1 People have fits and coniptions if Cap 1 doesn't do what they say. Have you asked why they won't change it? What did they say? They don't like you? You're a horrible account holder? What excuse did they give?

none of the above applies, just was told by EO on multiple occassions- not within policy to permanently reduce APR only termporarily for 7 months  at a time to 12.99%, which to me does not fly. When i applied for the account my CS's were 800+ and credit utilization below 5%. Amex, Citi & Discover all provided me with permanent low APR's well below 10.00%. Like the saying goes- "If some1 will not do what you what/need, there is always someone who well"

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One, is one strange company

I am the consumer and I decided what I am willing to put up with. If a company does not want to honor my request but another one will you can bet your hind parts im closing them and no longer giving them my business.
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.