Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One. jerk!

tag
destine2grow
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One. jerk!

I would assume the computer automatically denied you but it seems an manual review was done and you were approved. I would be exited. As for as being depress about a denial... I don't know about that. I would definitely be bummed. Congrats on your CLI!

Message 11 of 13
AMTB
Valued Member

@tcbofade wrote:

@AMTB wrote:

@keithB wrote:

@AMTB wrote:

first instance

2 months ago, I requested CLI on one year old QS and was denied. 2 weeks later, I got 2X CLI on the statement cut

secodn instance

last month, I requested CLI on three year old QS that CO automatically PCed from the cashback card and was denied. a week later, I got 4X CLI on the statement cut

anyone else getting jerked like this?

I'm tempted to ask for something else and see if I get a consistent pattern, but I only have two cards with CO. any suggestion?

So are you complaining or are you just trying to fit in with the Capital One haters?

I expected denial to be real denial and under review to be under review with clear message, not both. what would you think if you app for a card and got denial message, then receive denial letter and approved card in the mail at the same time?

Been there, done that.  Applied online, got a denial...one week later, got denial letter in mailbox...two weeks later, got my card.

Yes, that actually happened, no I didn't call for recon, and no, it wasn't Capital One.

Sorry for your denials, yay you for your CLI's anyway.  Smiley Tongue

I'm curious to know who did that to you.

if CO only did it once, I wouldn't have thought about it, but twice in a row is less likely to be computer mistake. wonder what was going on if both of my daily CC are treated this way. if that's a norm these days, then oh well.

Message 12 of 13
red259
Super Contributor

@AMTB wrote:

first instance

2 months ago, I requested CLI on one year old QS and was denied. 2 weeks later, I got 2X CLI on the statement cut

secodn instance

last month, I requested CLI on three year old QS that CO automatically PCed from the cashback card and was denied. a week later, I got 4X CLI on the statement cut

anyone else getting jerked like this?

I'm tempted to ask for something else and see if I get a consistent pattern, but I only have two cards with CO. any suggestion?

Your title is misleading. I applied for a CLI via the luv button and was denied. I just logged into the site again today and it demanded my current income before I could get to my account page talking about federal law requirements. I never had that type of pop-up before, so maybe they are changing things behind the scenes and that's why you had the experience you did. I got a CLI last december when I went from 5k to 10k, but that was done via EO. I haven't bothered contacting EO this time, since one of the reasons for the denial is that I am not using the card enough. The reality is that I don't use the card at all anymore, unless its to redeem points back off rental car purchases so I think for me getting a CLI  may be a tough sell.  

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.