cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One loves me! Or maybe just likes me a little..

tag
Roxlie
Contributor

Capital One loves me! Or maybe just likes me a little..

Wowie wow!

My current Cap 1 card has a 2k limit.  I started in Jan 2007 at 500 and in May 2008 had to ghetto CLI (applied for a new card for $500 and combined).  Then after 3 months called backdoor for a $500 CLI then they credit stepped me another $500.

So Monday I was gonna call to see if I could get another CLI but figured they'd say no, so I just applied for another card.  I was approved instantly but it said it needed more time to process.  This afternoon I called the backdoor to find out what the limit on the new card was...I was shocked when she said $3000!

I had to file BK in 2006, and I know some people hate Cap 1 but they have treated me really well this past year.

As of today my highest score is EQ at 642.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One loves me! Or maybe just likes me a little..

Congrats

$3000. is a sweet starting cl

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

but I don't see way getting 3 more cards just to increase your limit !!?

I think you could have done better if you have tried boa instead of crap1 ! I have seen people in this forum starting with a secured boa and after 9 months ending up with over 4k unsecured cards.

anyway congrats again.

Message 3 of 7
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Sounds like love to me! Smiley Happy

Now you can combine again and have a $5k CL. Congrats!
Message 4 of 7
score_building
Senior Contributor

true enough, imo, boa is much better and a generous prime issuer that doesn't triffle with "ghetto" cli's.  but i've had a cap1 card for 7 years at 500 and haven't found the time or the patience to successfully app and combine which i suppose i should do sooner rather than later.  maybe next year when most of my inq's clear off my cbr's.

kudos to OP for app and combining to great effect!!  i've got to get over my disdain for how cap1 does it and try for app and combine if i can wrap my head around the triple threat (3 inq's) as worth my efforts.

Message Edited by score_building on 11-05-2008 01:06 PM
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 5 of 7
Roxlie
Contributor

Thanks!  I did manage to get a fully secured BofA card back in May or June. I funded it with my stimulus check.

I have been trying to close my 500 limit cards (Orchard and HSBC) with annual fees.  Now I should be able to do it.  I was initially worried about the 3 inq's for another $500 limit, but for me, a 3k limit was definately worth it.

Message Edited by Roxlie on 11-05-2008 12:53 PM
Message 6 of 7
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

@Roxlie wrote:

Thanks!  I did manage to get a fully secured BofA card back in May or June. I funded it with my stimulus check.

I have been trying to close my 500 limit cards (Orchard and HSBC) with annual fees.  Now I should be able to do it.  I was initially worried about the 3 inq's for another $500 limit, but for me, a 3k limit was definately worth it.

Message Edited by Roxlie on 11-05-2008 12:53 PM

Congrats Roxlie.  I think BoA loves you too, because they hate BKs, and turn most down because of them...sometimes even for secured cards.  Big Congrats!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.