Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One ..makes no sense...

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Capital One ..makes no sense...

So, I called Cap One the other day to get my APR on my card with 21 % APR lowered.  They could not lower the APR, but gave me a credit of one months interest so that was about 420.00 (the card bal is about 22k)

So, I also had sent a letter to the EO asking if they could lower my interest rate...they called me and said they would look into it and call me back...well they called back and no dice....BUT...when my statement cut two days ago....I was NOT charged any interest on my account.

Even though they credited me the one month of interest, I still should I have been charged interest when my statement cut

Very strange...but I am not complaining...

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One ..makes no sense...

Hmmmm... that is def interesting.  I have read on this forum that Cap1 is not very cooperative when it comes to APR reduction.  But two months interest free is a nice short term win.  

Are you going to continue persuing your APR reduction request in a few months? 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I merged QS1 with QS, I went on Chat and asked for APR reduction. The agent said she can do it for 6 months and not permanent. Accepted the offer effective June 16.

Next time, try going on chat and see if you get 6 months' reduction.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same exp. They don't like to offer permanent Apr reductions. Was always offered temp reductions for 6-12 months.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.