cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One new minimum credit line for Quicksilver Visa and Venture One Visa

tag
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One new minimum credit line for Quicksilver Visa and Venture One Visa

@Anonymous wrote:

Well back in december 2014, I got a quicksilver visa, not a qs1, and it only had a 1k starting limit.  It also was enrolled in credit steps.....  But it had 0% for 9 months then 24.99% now 25.24%, so I think this is one of those account tier things with capital one.

The Quicksilver Visa has tierd APR, 13.24%, 18.24%, and 23.24%.

The good thing about the Quicksilver Visa, when your credit line gets to $5,000 or more you can request the Visa Signature and you can probably request a reduction in APR.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 11 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One new minimum credit line for Quicksilver Visa and Venture One Visa

APR reductions with cap1 are never permanent.
Message 12 of 30
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

They did this about 2 months ago, it's in a old thread they also changed the Venture One, Regular Venture is still 5K minimum.
Message 13 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info share!
Message 14 of 30
JSS3
Valued Contributor

My sister was just approved for the Quicksilver One with a 500 limit. 

Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I got my preapproved Quicksilver card in March 2015 the starting limit was $300. It was raised to $800 after 5 months and $4300 after 11 months.
Message 16 of 30
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
When I got my preapproved Quicksilver card in March 2015 the starting limit was $300. It was raised to $800 after 5 months and $4300 after 11 months.

Wow???? A Quicksilver????

Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I spoke with a friend who works for CO and he said that QS's that get approved at $1-5K will be VISA and and QS1's that get approved will be MC with the ability to upgrade to WMC if CL, spending patterns and profitability justify it.

Message 18 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm curious is there a real pattern and it is tracking from us as the QS and the QS One which are totally different beast. Like my QS started off as a Platinum. I PCd it to a few months ago like February to the QS in chat. The current APR on it is 23.15% and current limit is $1800. Under the Platinum it was under Credit Steps and started off at $300 then went to $800 about 3 months in and then Credit Steps took it to $1300 then last 6 month increase in April took it to $1800.

Even when it went to a regular QS not the QS One there was no $3k for me lol is my point (but I sure would love one being I'm past the new $1k limit implementation)

Message 19 of 30
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@sjt wrote:

The good thing about the Quicksilver Visa, when your credit line gets to $5,000 or more you can request the Visa Signature and you can probably request a reduction in APR.

This historically hasn't been most folk's experience with Capital One... usually any APR reduction is only temporary (which is still better than nothing).  I've read a couple of threads about someone getting a reduction using the EO, but those cases seemed to be exceptional.

As for Signature/World upgrades, I've never seen a Signature/World upgrade without a PC or a convoluted EO experience.  I'm not saying it's 'impossible', just that I've never read about it on here.

Perhaps this is changing, though?

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.