Did you mean: 

Capital One nightmare continues!

tag
go_FICO_self
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One nightmare continues!

@taxi818 wrote:

@go_FICO_self wrote:

Quick update to the situation: was able to upgrade to quicksilver (again!) and the new card arrived, and it says "quicksilver" on it, instead of "quicksilver one". but the mastercard logo on the bottom corner is back to yellow/gold color. i kinda miss the silver color logo of the old quicksilver (non-chipped) card.

my question: does anyone here have chip-version of quicksilver world mastercard, where the mastercard logo is silver? Thanks a lot!

Yes. I have that.   Why?  Also copy in siggy. 

is it the chip-version? did you request anything special or came standard by mail?

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the non chipped Cap1 QS silver logo. The chipped one came in with World Master Card in regular Red and Yellow.

I see different sigs and I see that it is silver (I still have my non-chipped version somewhere and it is just like that). Maybe it's late but could someone confirm that they indeed have a chipped Capital One QuickSilver World Master Card in Silver color insignia.

Don't mean to be thick, but have never gotten a concrete confirmation that any chipped QS WMS came with silver colors. Doesn't matter for what it is worth, just more curious now. Thank you in advance. 

OP: Glad you have finally resolved that nonsense Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 19
go_FICO_self
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I had the non chipped Cap1 QS silver logo. The chipped one came in with World Master Card in regular Red and Yellow.

I see different sigs and I see that it is silver (I still have my non-chipped version somewhere and it is just like that). Maybe it's late but could someone confirm that they indeed have a chipped Capital One QuickSilver World Master Card in Silver color insignia.

Don't mean to be thick, but have never gotten a concrete confirmation that any chipped QS WMS came with silver colors. Doesn't matter for what it is worth, just more curious now. Thank you in advance. 

OP: Glad you have finally resolved that nonsense Smiley Happy

Exactly! I think they went back to the yellow/gold logo. I kinda miss the silver one: looked really cool with the overal one color look of the card, everything silver on gray!

Message 13 of 19
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@go_FICO_self wrote:

Quick update to the situation: was able to upgrade to quicksilver (again!) and the new card arrived, and it says "quicksilver" on it, instead of "quicksilver one". but the mastercard logo on the bottom corner is back to yellow/gold color. i kinda miss the silver color logo of the old quicksilver (non-chipped) card.

my question: does anyone here have chip-version of quicksilver world mastercard, where the mastercard logo is silver? Thanks a lot!

I'm glad you were able to finally get everything resolved! 

This adds to my hypothesis that with Capital One you either get somebody wonderful who is able to completely take care of your needs (or at least genuinely makes a true effort), or you get someone who is completely and utterly inept.  So far my experience has been about 50/50.

Message 14 of 19
taxi818
Super Contributor

@go_FICO_self wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@go_FICO_self wrote:

is it the chip-version? did you request anything special or came standard by mail?

Yes chipped. I did not request they just sent it. 

Message 15 of 19
go_FICO_self
Frequent Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@go_FICO_self wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@go_FICO_self wrote:

Yes chipped. I did not request they just sent it. 

oh man! how do I go about getting back the silver logo then? i feel like if i request them, I might end up back in the same situation.

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@go_FICO_self wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

@go_FICO_self wrote:

yep, see my sig

your sig shows the non-chipped version. I had that too! before they put the chip on the card and started the whole fiasco. is yours currently chipped or non-chipped?

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, I have it.

In my wallet: Venture 15k; Barclay Ring 12.5k; Discover 10k; CareCredit 7.7k; Amazon Store Card 5k. QS 5k; BofA Travel Rewards 3.5k; BofA Travel Rewards 3.5k; BofA Platinum Visa 2k; Barclay Apple Rewards 2k. Total Credit: 66,200. 7/2-FICO: EQ - 788; TU - 777; EX - 690; GOAL: 780 across the board then 800 across the board. Inquiries: EQ: 7 TU: 7; EX 7; Chapter 13 seven years May, 2015. Reset my garden date to 6/27. Gardening until further notice.

is it the chip or non-chip version?

Chipped for me.

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One is the worst at sending the right cards out. I just use what they send so I dont get frustrated. Smiley LOL

Message 18 of 19
go_FICO_self
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Cap One is the worst at sending the right cards out. I just use what they send so I dont get frustrated. Smiley LOL

It's a bit harder for me to go back to yellow/gold, after having the silver one.

And the thing that's weird: nowhere online I can find a picture of silver world mastercard quicksilver chipped card. even online, when i had non-chipped card, it had the silver logo on the bottom right. but now there's no logo at all on the bottom right. I'm not sure what I can reference them to when I request a silver logo.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.