Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One no more triple pulls?

yes on TU and EX so far
Message 41 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I confirmed all three pulls were from CAPITAL one darn oh well so far my citi seems to only have pulled experian let's hope
Message 42 of 46
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes I confirmed all three pulls were from CAPITAL one darn oh well so far my citi seems to only have pulled experian let's hope

It's just a common standard for Capital One for their prime cards, that's all.

Message 43 of 46
dragontears
Senior Contributor

I guess the moral of the story is to give it a few days for your monitoring to alert you of HPs

Message 44 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Sharingan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Sharingan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
the "triple pull" really isn't that big of a deal...

Maybe to you, it isn't. But many, like myself, place a high value on our inquiries, which can be worth several hundred in sign up bonuses. That includes TU inquiries as well. It's a stretch for many to justify 3 inquiries (what is usually typical of a mortgage application) on many of Capital One's products as a result. I was fortunate to get my Venture with 2, which is easier to digest for what it offers. If it wasn't a "big deal" then it wouldn't be such a popular complaint voiced by many. 

points taken. but consider this: many people get the DC, right? great. usually they pull two bureaus. and oh no you got a low SL compared to your other cards and it's not usable. so you opt for yet another hp (so one was double pulled and one was single pulled) thus making 3 inquiries for one card for a MARGINAL bonus. with the cap1 it's only one put bureau.. realistically TU is most people's "less pulled" bureaus and MANY institutions pull EX and EQ for an approval. realistically, aside from some CUs and synch, TU doesn't have many pullers. and, IME, TU isn't that sensitive to inquiries. sure... one pull can be hundreds in value, but i can't hardly think of any TU pullers offering hundreds in value. you get $460 in travel for meeting $3k in spend... that isn't bad for ONE pull each. beats citi's two on one and one on another tactic (if you want a hp CLI)

i just think it's a little overrated for people to use the term "triple pull". it's one pull in three places.. not that bad realistically. you know what you're doing when you app and it doesn't stop you. if it does then you need to find a better value with a TU inquiry, because i can't Smiley Wink 

What you are stating really doesn't change the argument against the triple pull (calling it like it is), and it is more of a deflection rather than an actual defense or justification for what Capital One does during their underwriting process. Your example with the DC doesn't apply to me, so someone else can discuss that with you if they so choose. As for Transunion, you can't really prove that TU "doesn't have many pullers" for most people because there are so many factors that determine whether or not a bank will pull that bureau or another one for a particular applicant, most obvious being location. For me, most notably, Discover, Bank of America, Barclays, Chase (only preapproved offers), and U.S. Bank all pull my TU report. All of those banks have products with lucrative sign up bonuses, so again, you can't really generalize or discount the value of a TU inquiry for someone else.

Correct. Until a couple days ago when one inquiry dropped off, TU was my most pulled CRA. Now it's dead even between all three.

Well dang. This got me excited.  Whatever the case, I will always have a love/hate with capital one.  They have great rewards with their quicksilver card and no FTFs. They also are great about honoring credit limits.  But they need to change some things, pronto.

My list of demands:

1.  Eliminate Venture One and Quicksilver One

2. Eliminate AF on Venture

3. Offer new products (still waiting on the gamechanger they promised me).

4. Ease up on the triple pulls, maybe just double pull on borderline scores.

5.  Not encourage folks to carry multiple cards of the same type, adding more triple hits, etc

6.  Allow a HP cli outside of their 6 month timer (HUGE priority here)

7.  Be better about APR reductions

8. Understand old converted accounts (eg HSBC, etc) should 100% be eligible for account combination!!!

I am left with a $5,500 limit quicksilver card that I opened 12/2014, it is stuck at 25.24% APR.  I still use it but Citi is getting far more use, especially since they gave me an amazing increase.

I know inquiries are mattering less and less especially with my profile lately, but dang, come on capital one.  Why should I have to add TWO new cards, a quicksilver and a venture, and then have to merge them in 6 months just to get my  limit increased (and apr reduced)???  I know I dont have to add two but I would be foolish to not take advantage of the $400 and $100 bonuses.  I would probably end up with a 20k limit  QS  VS card at 17.9% APR..not a huge difference....  and its fine for folks that arent very established and need a fast track to higher limits for utilization reasons. I am not hating on them so please dont take offense.

Maybe when a few more of my inqs drop off in a month or two I will consider it but there are far better options out especially when a person already has 1 quicksilver card regardless of the limit since you can just keep making payments.

Message 45 of 46
bk510
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
TU usually updates the fastest. IME with them TU is first, then EX then EQ. they'll getcha. don't worry. they won't forget Smiley Wink

I thought TU was the slowest.......It always has been for me (So Cal).

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 46 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.