Not applicable

Re: Capital One not offering credit line increases

I do believe they are making enough money

writing checks for the various quiz shows.Smiley Surprised

Message 11 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is no new news they have been doing this for about 2 years now.

Message 12 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess you missed the sarcasmSmiley Sad

Message 13 of 27
Rebuilding101
Regular Contributor

They keep telling me the same thing when I call, either we don't have it now, or we'll have it next week. Crazy thing is I remember them doing it before and getting shot down because the account was new, even got a letter in the mail saying why it was shot down. This must have been in February. Now it's like they wont even entertain the idea, lol.

Starting Score(4/1/10): EQ: 631--- TU: 646
Current Score(4/1/10): EQ: 725--- TU: 686
Goal Score: EQ: 850--- TU: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap 1 is very stingy with their credit lines. I have a card opened in 1999 with them that has $1,000 line, which is what it started with. I have another card with a $700 line opened in 2002. Again, that was the starting line. They have refused to ever give me a CLI. I tried again in Feb. Per my lender in Feb my TU FICO is 742 and I just got a score watch update today telling me that EQ is now 752. Now here's the real kicker, look at what my other cards look like

B of A $12K (currently has a luv button, but I'm not bothering)

Chase $16,500

Chase: $8,700

Discover: $11,500

Just last week I applied for a Citi card and was instantly approved for an initial $7,300 line and 0% on BT's and purchases for 15 months. And cap one won't increase my limit? I don't really hate on them though because opening those cards when I did helped me rebuild my credit and now with two mortgages at the best rates, that has saved me a big chunk of change.

Message 15 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked for a credit increase on both my Capitol One cards one with a credit limit of 1K and the other with $500. They also told me they were not giving credit increases at the moment.

Message 16 of 27
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

They just gave me a $200 increase on one and the other a $700 increase ( last May)

Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Message 17 of 27
joestay
Frequent Contributor

Was the $200 increase from today?  Also, which number did you call?  Was there a hard pull?

Message 18 of 27
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

@joestay wrote:

Was the $200 increase from today?  Also, which number did you call?  Was there a hard pull?

It was at some point this week. I just logged into my account. I did not ask for one, but I think it's part of their credit steps.

Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Message 19 of 27
GordonShumway
Regular Contributor

Cap One has always been stingy with CL.

I had a business card with them, back in the days when they did not report CL and before the class action suit. They gave me a measly 1K when BoA dn AMEX were in the 20K.

CSR said that's the way they work. They are not in my wallet 'ny more.

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.