Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One not reporting

tag
buildmycredit
New Visitor

Capital One not reporting

Hi,

I was approved for a Platinum card from Capital One with a 3k limit. A hard pull was done to all three bereaus the same day. I have had the card over a month now with a balance. I have already received my first statement and also made my first payment. Yet, this account is not showing in my CR. I am currenlty using EIDT to monitor CR. 

I am sure Cap One did not open account with wrong SS as I see the hard pulls on the day of the application. I am rebuilding my credit and I really need this card to report. 

Has anyone experienced this from Cap One?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One not reporting

@buildmycredit wrote:

Hi,

I was approved for a Platinum card from Capital One with a 3k limit. A hard pull was done to all three bereaus the same day. I have had the card over a month now with a balance. I have already received my first statement and also made my first payment. Yet, this account is not showing in my CR. I am currenlty using EIDT to monitor CR. 

I am sure Cap One did not open account with wrong SS as I see the hard pulls on the day of the application. I am rebuilding my credit and I really need this card to report. 

Has anyone experienced this from Cap One?

How long ago did you received your first statement?

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 2 of 8
BottomRanker
New Contributor

My Quicksilver didn't report until my 2nd statement posted.  I wouldn't worry about it until then.

Message 3 of 8
RedHairedLady
Established Member

Capital One is slooow to report. I got a card with them on March 21st. It didn't report until about May 8th.
Message 4 of 8
tiffjtiffj
Contributor

Ditto, card arrives in March and i just got the new account on your CR email. 

Current EQ 634 TU08 670 EX 627
Garden: Take #25 (2017 - ouch)
2017 Goals: Citi Premier
Message 5 of 8
barthooper
Frequent Contributor

Wow, that's a long time. I was starting to wonder about my Barclays Sallie Mae reporting even though I got it last week when my other card with them reported before I even got it in the mail!

Quicksilver - 16k | Discover It - 34k | Citi DC - $21k | Chase Amazon - 8k | Chase Reserve - 19.5k | Chase Preferred - 5k | EX FICO (Discover CSC) 788
Message 6 of 8
BottomRanker
New Contributor

It's a huge blessing to have your new account take 2 months to report.  Imagine if a bank wrongly opened an annual fee CC in your name and doesn't waive the fee.  That sucker will report a balance (the annual fee) on all of your credit reports INSTANTLY, before you can correct their mistake.

So companies that take 1-2 months to report new account openings are probably doing you a favor.

Message 7 of 8
RedHairedLady
Established Member

Barclays reports fast. I was just approved for a Barclays Rewards last Wednesday, and by Saturday, it was already reporting. I haven't even received the card yet!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.