Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One not reporting?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One not reporting?

After reading this I thought I better check mine & hubby's since we each have 2 cards with them and paid 3 of them off in Aug. I checked our reports using wallethub and it shows as of Oct 18th so mine seem to be reporting so maybe the issue is fixed? Hope so!

Message 31 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue - not reporting since August. Called Cap 1 multiple times and their story keeps changing. I have even caught them in lies/called them out on it too. Filed a dispute with them but they are saying it could be 2 to 3 months before they get this straightened out. The whole thing is very frustrating. I have since paid my balances down but have no proof of it because they won't report... and its obviously impacting my credit score. This is nuts! 

Question:  Do all the people experiencing this either live (or have property) in Florida?

Message 32 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

In cases like these, can the CRA's update this manually with Proof of payments sent in to them?

Message 33 of 48
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Question:  Do all the people experiencing this either live (or have property) in Florida?

For me it's because I was in Hurricane Harvey I'm assuming. I'm not too terribly bothered by it only because the only card I had a reporting balance on is I think 5% but yeah I'd imagine that'd be a different story if I was in some of your shoes.

Message 34 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

The reason I asked that question is because I was told by a Cap 1 CSR that it is because I have a home in Florida which was in the zone of Hurricane Irma. I was then told by a Supervisor that what I was told is not true. But then another Supervisor said that it is true. 

I don't know what to think at this point. I am just going to move on from it because there seems to be little we can do other than file a dispute (which I did) or take our business elsewhere.  

Message 35 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in Vegas. I am affected by CO not reporting, too. My QS1 account is new. Statement cut on 10/18. Still hasn't appeared on my credit report. However, my wife has a QS (no fee) account, her statement cut on 10/26, and her credit report was already updated on 10/30. 

I'd be willing to bet CO would have reported my new account if there was something negative to report. lol.

Hopefully whatever the issue...it gets fixed quickly. 

Message 36 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Skip the next payment and see if it solves the problem.
Message 37 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One finally report mine to zero balance!

Message 38 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

i just paid of my cap1 mid October, $16k payment!! they better report $0 after statement closes on November 3rd

Message 39 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow 16k at once?  holy moly

@Anonymous wrote:

i just paid of my cap1 mid October, $16k payment!! they better report $0 after statement closes on November 3rd

Message 40 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.