Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One now has my Best Buy Gold MasterCard... Mail notice today... CLI

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Capital One now has my Best Buy Gold MasterCard... Mail notice today... CLI

So got the official letter today about Capital One now owning my Best Buy MC which we have seen a lot of posts lately, so I signed online and clicked the Credit Line Increase button, got a message they "may" pull credit, click to agree and... "we received your request and you will hear by mail within 7-10 days.

So either same thing as before, no CLI basically or they tried but my reports are all frozen!

Anyone else click it and get different outcome?

Ill update with letter if I don't see anything else before then.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One now has my Best Buy Gold MasterCard... Mail notice today... CLI

I haven't gotten anything either from Cap1 or HSBC.According to the EXP report, both of my BB Card and Costco turned into Cap1. My BB RZ MC Platinum MC and HSBC Cash Back Platinum MC is still under HSBC.  i clicked to request CLI on BB Card and there was no hard pull.  I didn't get any CLI.  I also requested CLI for both of my BB RZ Platinum MC and HSBC Cash Back Platinum. I didn't get any CLI.  They didn't pull hard.

Ron.

Message 2 of 5
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

I haven't received any mail notices either, but I did notice on my credit report  that my Best Buy account is now listed as "Cap1/BestBuy". I was NOT happy to see that.  I'm so afraid that all the talk on here about how we'll never see CLI's again has me worried...lol!  Thankfully, I receieved a CLI a week after I activated my Best Buy card from $1800 to $2700, so if I'm stuck at that, at least its a decent enough limit.  I was hoping to get it to $3,000 or more in six months....who know's if that will happen now that Cap One is in charge.*Sigh*Smiley Sad

Slowly building....
Message 3 of 5
Brusilov
Established Contributor

I have a really stingy limit ($400) on the no AF gold...so I guess I don't mind one way or the other. Maybe...just *MAYBE* as they acquire the cards they will re-assess the person's CBs and grant CLIs accordingly.  I'm not holding my breath, though.

Message 4 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@vonmannstein wrote:

I have a really stingy limit ($400) on the no AF gold...so I guess I don't mind one way or the other. Maybe...just *MAYBE* as they acquire the cards they will re-assess the person's CBs and grant CLIs accordingly.  I'm not holding my breath, though.

After I blacked out 2 years ago waiting for a CLI I stopped holding my breath! Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.