Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One now officially rocks!

tag
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One now officially rocks!

I combined all my capone cards to make one LOC.  They did it for me twice. Look into it.
Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never thought about disputing a late charge - I've been a Cap One customer for about 3.5 years (it was my "starter" card at age 25) and I have ONE late payment > 30 days. It's the only late payment on my entire CR, over 9 accounts!

I just emailed them today to request a new APR, it's currently 25.15% (versus my Amex and a 9.1% Citibank Mastercard). CL is $2,000 and there's a $0 balance on the card.

I feel pretty confident about getting a reduced APR, but how do I swing getting this late charge pulled?! I'd love to see my lonely red flag go away!!

6/26/08 - TU 735 EQ 760 EX 734
New Project - Getting BF's score up from 546 (if he follows the budget plan I made for him!)
Message 22 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

i just disputed mine online with equifax.  there were 2 30day and 1 60day.  they're are my oldest account at over 5 years and the lates were more than 3 years ago.
Message 23 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

this totally worked!
Message 24 of 30
marabal

I just took the plunge and did this today, calling that number, and I received a $500 CLI! Thanks so much! I'm new on these forums and I have been learning so much from all here Smiley Happy
~~on my way ~~
10/05/08 TU - 644 EQ - 631 EX - 661 8/30/08 TU - 579 EQ - 632 EX - 619 8/20/08 TU - 577 EQ - 623 EX - 576
8/6/08 TU - 523 EQ - 613 EX - 559
Message 25 of 30
Lance66
Established Member

Congrats on your success with Cap 1.  I have done okay with them too.  I got my first
card in April of this year with a $2K limit.  I waited three months and called the back door
number for an increase and they gave me $750, then about one month after that, I was
checking my account on line and noticed they had upped it another $500.. giving me a
total CL of $3250.  For somebody like me who is rebuilding damaged credit, I feel that
is a pretty good deal.  I recently apped for another account with them and got approved,
but that one only has a $500 limit.  I will call in a few months and see if I can get a CLI
on that.

Message 26 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great stuff! Congrats on your CLI!
Message 27 of 30
SWISSOATL
Contributor

Ally_j135 wrote:
 SO I got the nerve and called this backdoor # ( couldnt stop thinking about it)from the backdoor list just now 877-513-9959 and explained to the rep Joyce (who didnt read off a script) the situation and she told me and I quote "dont ever listen to those customer service people if you want a credit increase or a decrease with your interest rate call this number it is directly linked to the marketing dept in richmond Virginia".  I was a bit shocked she then reviewed my acct and then asked me what I used the acct for I told her I wanted to start using it as my everyday card ( anything to suck up) that made her happy and behold she gave me a $1000 credit increase.  Then i said let me push it and asked her to review my other card in which she gave me another 1000 increase.  She was so sweet and nice and started talking to me about Ipods...it was amazing she told me to call back in three months to get another increase or to see if I could decrease my interest (which is pretty ok right now) if I wanted.  I'm still shocked.......We hung up and I immediatly came to tell all of you.  God their is hope there are actually nice people in this world!!!!

PUNCH ALLY!!!!! CONGRATS

I say combine them now and lower the interest in 3 months! and another CLI!!!!!
EQ N/A
EXP- 692
TU- 673 3/10/08br>
Message 28 of 30
afijunkie
Contributor

I wonder if I should try for a CLI. I got my got card back in Jan 08, with a $500CL then increased to $750 in April(credit steps). Should i try it or is it too soon?
Message 29 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes the backdoor numbers are great.  If I would have known about them back when I had capital one credit cards, I might not have eventually cancelled them.  I was stuck on $500 for two years!!
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.