Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One online - removing closed accounts

tag
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Capital One online - removing closed accounts

Anyone know how to remove or hide this account?

Screen Shot 2015-12-14 at 3.02.09 PM.png

I chatted with their rep, and he said to enroll the closed account under a new username. I tried that, but you can't enroll a closed account. 

Screen Shot 2015-12-14 at 3.06.11 PM.png

I just want to hide it from my view. 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One online - removing closed accounts

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Anyone know how to remove or hide this account?

Screen Shot 2015-12-14 at 3.02.09 PM.png

I chatted with their rep, and he said to enroll the closed account under a new username. I tried that, but you can't enroll a closed account. 

Screen Shot 2015-12-14 at 3.06.11 PM.png

I just want to hide it from my view. 

Nope looks like there's no way you can do it but CapOne should have some way of doing it and just not up to the challenge lol.
It does show in the FAQ:
Can I unlink my credit card accounts once they have been linked?

Yes, by re-enrolling the account in question and assigning a different user name and password. To re-enroll the account, go to the Online Enrollment Banking Screen and follow the instructions.

They left out the part that it doesn't work for closed accounts. Cat Tongue

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

They fall off in time. My DW had a closed account that showed on the login for about a year, then it was gone.

Message 3 of 16
CraigHwk
Regular Contributor

I believe you can call customer service and have them delete your profile. You will then need to create a new profile and re-link your card.
USAA MC ✪ Amex BCP, SPG, Platinum ✪ Chase Sapphire Preferred, Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, Marriott Rewards, United Explorer ✪ Discover IT ✪ CapOne QS ✪ Fidelity Visa ✪ BarclaysPlatinum Rewards ✪ Citi Double Cash

Starting EX FICO (2010): 513 | Current FICO: EX 759, EQ: 773, TU: 761
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 3 closed accounts showing on mine, btw. I did some combining. Does'nt bother me really, but I can understand where it might be a housekeeping, orderly sock drawer issue for some. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 16
Blodreina
Established Contributor

As someone mentioned, you can call and they'll reset your login.  However, the last time I did it, the rep just walked me through the enrollment process (I don't think she reset it or anything).  I would try re-enrolling an open account (then link whatever open accounts you have left).

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I closed one in April and the damned thing still appears.

Message 7 of 16
JamP
Valued Contributor

My secured card still shows from a long time ago. Also my combined QS1 is still there.

As someone stated, the only way at the moment is have them delete your account, or recreate a new account and attach just what accounts you want on that one.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 8 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@CraigHwk wrote:
I believe you can call customer service and have them delete your profile. You will then need to create a new profile and re-link your card.

+1 this .  you have to create a new login and relink accounts. Done it before

Message 9 of 16
laurenjessica
Frequent Contributor

I can't get to the point where I can re-enroll and open account. I enter the card info under the "Enroll" section and it tells me that my account is already enrolled in Online Banking and I can log in now :/

I have an old paid off Platinum card on my account page that's ruining my zen lol

Credit cards:
NUS000000091-480x304-STRAIGHT-96unnamedmissionlanemobileIRIDESCENTpaypal-cashback-credit-card-16373091c11536849downloadvenmoTJX-Rewards-Platinum-Mastercardcardart-prim-645x406
AU Cards:
disney-premier-cardNUS000000327-480x304-STRAIGHT-96NUS000000269-480x304-STRAIGHT-96
Store Cards:
Credit-Card-Large61d9c1a7-5683-4228-8bb4-c2747006069dAPSC-SECUREDCARD-CB658179059Kohls-CC-no-egt-SM-RGBpinkimg093647Paypal-Credit-Logo-Ameri-Commerceimg056321sc-plus-black-Creditcard
Auto loan:
toyota

Actively rebuilding since August 2022.

Starting FICO 8 scores (8/24/2022):

Current FICO 8 scores (2/12/2024):
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.