Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One or Chase combining limits?

tag
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

Capital One or Chase combining limits?

I know it's been discussed, but has anyone had any recent success (possibly through the Executive Office) in getting Capital One or Chase to combine card limits?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One or Chase combining limits?

With Capital One, I called the executive office, and they said there was no way they could combine two cards, but they did say that they would ask for a credit limit increase on my main card, which I got, so I then closed my 3rd card with them.

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 2 of 5
Open123
Super Contributor

Chase combines, though they have do have some parameters.  I think they allow for a no fee card's CL to consolidate into a fee card.  For some, the latter card must have been opened for at least 12 months, however with others, this condition appears to be waived.

Much harder to allocate a CL on a fee card to one with no fee, such as from the UA to the Freedom.

Message 3 of 5
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@ilovelisa wrote:

With Capital One, I called the executive office, and they said there was no way they could combine two cards, but they did say that they would ask for a credit limit increase on my main card, which I got, so I then closed my 3rd card with them.

I got the same answer from Cap 1... although they did raise my limits from 500 to 2k and from 750 to 4k!  I guess that was better than nothing

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 4 of 5
noobody
Established Contributor

i have no problem move most of my SW CL(69af) to freedom, since it will be closed soon as af is due next month, left me a several hundred dollar CL visa signature cardSmiley Indifferent

EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.