Frequent Contributor
SwampSystems

Capital One or Chase combining limits?

I know it's been discussed, but has anyone had any recent success (possibly through the Executive Office) in getting Capital One or Chase to combine card limits?

Frequent Contributor
ilovelisa

Re: Capital One or Chase combining limits?

[ Edited ]

With Capital One, I called the executive office, and they said there was no way they could combine two cards, but they did say that they would ask for a credit limit increase on my main card, which I got, so I then closed my 3rd card with them.

Senior Contributor
Open123

Chase combines, though they have do have some parameters.  I think they allow for a no fee card's CL to consolidate into a fee card.  For some, the latter card must have been opened for at least 12 months, however with others, this condition appears to be waived.

Much harder to allocate a CL on a fee card to one with no fee, such as from the UA to the Freedom.

Valued Contributor
ryanbush

ilovelisa wrote:

With Capital One, I called the executive office, and they said there was no way they could combine two cards, but they did say that they would ask for a credit limit increase on my main card, which I got, so I then closed my 3rd card with them.

I got the same answer from Cap 1... although they did raise my limits from 500 to 2k and from 750 to 4k!  I guess that was better than nothing

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Regular Contributor
noobody

i have no problem move most of my SW CL(69af) to freedom, since it will be closed soon as af is due next month, left me a several hundred dollar CL visa signature card:smileyindifferent:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+