Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One pre-approved me....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One pre-approved me....

for all their cards that req excellent credit.  But a condition of the excellent credit is having at least one card with over 5k limit which i don't have (my highest one is 4k).  Should I bother right now or wait until things look sunnier.   EQ 702  TU 685  EXP  669.  Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide to me.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One pre-approved me....

If they pre-approved you - you should be good to go.

Cap-1 seems to be on a member-rush right now and they don't last forever, so if you want/need the card I'd say go for it. 

Message 2 of 10
NRB525
Super Contributor

Do you already have any Capital One cards with some significant months of activity? If so, you should see good results with a new CapOne app.

If not, it is less certain what the results will be.

It also helps, with all such "What are my chances?" posts to add what current list of cards you have, MyFICO scores, recent app results, etc.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

They pre-approved me for QS and Venture. My highest card at the time was $1k. And they gave me a $10k limit. You're good. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your good to go if you don't mind the 3 HP's .
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wasnt pre-approved, and my highest limit at the time was 2500, 300 with CapOne. I got the venture, which said you need a card with a 5k limit. Go for it.
Message 6 of 10
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

If you are ok with the triple dipple pull on all 3 CRA's. you should be golden.

Message 7 of 10
Ups77
Regular Contributor

There or approval is usually pretty good. I'd go for it.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK...sounds like I am good to go and will report back results..and as far as providing more information, I've read the "how to create SIG  page" but I REALLY need someone to dumb it down for me as I am "not smart"?  Is that how you say in English?  Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Your good to go if you don't mind the 3 HP's .

Unlike most people on here, I love Cap One, but their triple pull practice is asinine. They also report to ARS.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.