Did you mean: 

Capital One "Builder Program" Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One "Builder Program" Credit Card

@Dalmus wrote:

@Mzjedwards1 wrote:

So frustrating and tired of waiting. I have a Platinum Capital One  Secured card with  a 400$ limit that I opened in February. I have used and paid on time since then. July 20th was my 5th statement and I paid it in full already the bill is/was due  8/17. So now I wait? Wait until the 6th statement for a CLI?? I had called Cap One a few weeks ago and the rep reviewed my account and said I was on the right track to a CLI with my 5th statement/Payment .... HOW MUCH LONGER??  Lol just so anxious to see if they show some love... I will update here once or if anything happens..... 

The Cap1 secured cards and the Cap1 Rebuilder cards are two separate programs... 

I don't think the secured cards have a guaranteed CLI like the Rebuilders.  Unless you are in Credit Steps, of course... But I don't think the secured cards are part of that...

This is 100% correct....

the so-called Rebuilder Card is nolonger offered....it was a GREAT (IMO)  offering but it only lasted a hot minute before they pulled it back

5 'training-wheel' payments on a $100CL (no reporting) if paid as agreed (5) = boom! $500 unsecured CL AND backdating for the 5 months prior = a sweet deal!

The confusion comes in because the secured card is called 'a'  card for "rebuilding" so ppl 'think' it is the 'fathom' rebuilder product when it's really just the regular ole secured card...the same $49/$99/$200 deposit card we've had for awhile....that does NOT grow....is NOT part of the Steps program....it is a anchor card, in that to move on you must close it and re-app, there is NO GRADUATION, period.

It's an easy to get TL but it becomes an anchor b/c it leads no where and can't be moved....no new deposits and no CLI

I wish they'd bring back the actual rebuilder product....I thought they'd kill with that, a great starter card for young ppl and ppl looking to start over

$100 to see how you do for close to a half year brilliant...great idea that went awaySmiley Sad

Message 101 of 102
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One "Builder Program" Credit Card

Mine grew from $200 to $500 to $1250 over a year and a half, admittedly with heavy usage and paying off the balance in full every month. They just graduated it to an "unsecured" card and I got my $100 deposit back as a statement credit. Seems like it still works.

Message 102 of 102
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.