Did you mean: 

Capital One "Builder Program" Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One "Builder Program" Credit Card

Looks like this program is BRAND NEW. 

https://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/credit-builder-program/

Starts out with a line of $100 with no security deposit, increases to $500 after 5 payments, APR is 24.9% (which is bad but for this type of card frankly it's not that bad), $0 annual fee.  Treat it right and it'll treat you decently.  Miss a payment and it's an instant closure.  It doesn't start reporting until after they give you the $500 line, though, but it still is a foot in the door possibility I would guess (it looks like they will post all 5 months of those payments to the bureaus once you graduate from the builder program so it still could be worth while).

Sounds decent for people who are struggling with building or rebuilding credit.  An unsecured option that may be available for people who are in that secured card only stage of the game.

Just thought I'd bring it to the attention of you fine folks.

Edited to add: Here's a direct link to the application page -- maybe that'd get some people to get the landing page to show up?  Who knows.

Message 1 of 102
101 REPLIES 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One "Builder Program" Credit Card

Link doesn't work for me. Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 102
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Weird.  I just cleared cookies and clicked it and it went right back to the landing page for me again.  I am not signed into my Cap One account or anything so it's certainly not targeted (not that they would, I already hold two cards, one for nearly a year and it states in the FAQ for this card that you can only hold this card with Cap One while in the builder program so that would be illogical for them to target me).

Let me mess with it for a minute to see if I can get another link.

Edited:

Here's another link that I got from the "Cards for Average or Rebuilding Credit" page: the link is super long so I'm hyperlinking it

Message 3 of 102
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Weird.  I just cleared cookies and clicked it and it went right back to the landing page for me again.  I am not signed into my Cap One account or anything so it's certainly not targeted (not that they would, I already hold two cards, one for nearly a year and it states in the FAQ for this card that you can only hold this card with Cap One while in the builder program so that would be illogical for them to target me).

Let me mess with it for a minute to see if I can get another link.

Edited:

Here's another link that I got from the "Cards for Average or Rebuilding Credit" page: the link is super long so I'm hyperlinking it

Nope, still no dice for me. Also, cant find it on the average/rebuilding page. I was just curious about it as im past this stage currently.

Message 4 of 102
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is crazy. I wonder why only some people can see it and others can't. Perhaps it isn't completely rolled out yet.
Message 5 of 102
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm walking my dog but I'll see about some screenshots in a moment or more information in a moment, heh. Interestingly the link doesn't work on my phone either but I have the page up on my computer.

C'mon, Cap One! I was rooting for ya! Hahaha
Message 6 of 102
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, screenshots for those that can't get the link to go for whatever reason...

2015-12-04_2139.png

2015-12-04_2140.png

2015-12-04_21401.png

2015-12-04_2141.png

2015-12-04_2142.png

Message 7 of 102
jacetx
Valued Contributor

So, this is the new replacement for their secured card program without the deposits. It will make it more appealing to people who are looking to rebuild.

Message 8 of 102
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice! The application link works. 

Thanks for the screenshots.

Message 9 of 102
UncleB
Credit Mentor

This looks really good for those folks who are wanting to rebuild... thanks for sharing!

P.S.  The link works fine for me!  Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 102
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.