cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One "Credit Steps" - what happens to it if you PC, Prior to the credit increase?

tag
Timmy_Hardwell
Established Member

Re: Capital One "Credit Steps" - what happens to it if you PC, Prior to the credit increas

Thanks for your posts, guys!   It's really enlightening for me....reading everyone's experiences and the different avenues they have taken (and the different results they're getting)....

Take myself for example:  the reason I didn't request a CLI with my PC is because I didn't go through the executive office for the PC; I went through the Rewards Center, and the Rewards Center doesn't handle CLIs.  My original intent wasn't even to get a PC.  I had called the Rewards Center with a simple request for them to improve my rewards cash back rate.  The representative reviewed my account, and then she told me that I was eligible for an upgrade to Quicksilver visa signature (I still don't totally believe that I'll actually get the signature version, because I'm still on my initial credit limit of $1000)...but anyway, I'm digressing...

I'm still concerned about my credit steps not being honored, due to my account "graduating" to a Quicksilver...

Based on everything I've read so far, this is what I've been able to gather about the Cap One executive office::    they seem to operate entirely outside and independently of any default policies or standard protocols for any type of card account, whether it be a rebuilder card, "average credit" credit card, or "excellent credit" credit card.

asutton40's experience is telling of this.   when you asked the eo for your cli, they didn't tell you "No, you are already in credit steps; you must wait."   Instead, they told you that your requested cli would Replace your credit steps cli.  But then look what happened...you ended up getting the credit steps cli anyway.

I now believe that one could even wait until after credit steps completion to ask for a cli, and the eo wouldn't say "no you can't have it, because you just finished credit steps; you must wait"

What are you guys' suggestions for me, with regard to getting CLI?

Message 11 of 12
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One "Credit Steps" - what happens to it if you PC, Prior to the credit increas

@09Lexie wrote:
Tbh, the EO should be used if you have been denied cli's from the frontline CSRs and your account 'history' /improved credit profile warrants a Cli.

Having an account less than 6 mos or even a year without a Cli should not trigger an email to EO.

May sound harsh but the mail reason information regarding EO was due to seasoned card members not receiving CLIs, poor CSRs and a lack of growth potential in their existing cc.

I hate for the EO to stop honoring requests because of abuse.

Just my .02 cents.

TY so much for saying this! It bugs me when i read about people asking the EO for CLIs after month 1 and every month after! On topic though I think Credit Steps is an automatic program so a PC should no affect anything 

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.