Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One "Fine Tuning Your Account"

tag
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

Capital One "Fine Tuning Your Account"

Has anyone received this email before? I received this email the other day, with next month being the 1 year mark for both of my accounts. Is this them suggesting that I may be getting a CLI in the near future? What's interesting is both of my cards have had rewards for about 6 months or so now...

Re: Account ending in XXXX

Broke Triathlete,

Now that you’ve got your card with new rewards, it’s a good time to make sure all your account info is up to date. Having your current income and employment info helps us review and service your account better, including seeing if you may be eligible for a credit line increase. Updating your account info is easy. Just sign in to your account, and click on the My Info tab. And, if you haven’t already, sign up for automatic payments. It’s the easiest way to help make sure your payments don’t miss a beat.

Personal:

Business:

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One "Fine Tuning Your Account"

It possible they are looking to give you a CLI. I haven't received this message from Cap1, but have with a lot of other lenders. About six months ago I got one from Discover, then about a week afterwards was prompted on login that I had a CLI available, but just needed to request it.
Message 2 of 6
taxi818
Super Contributor

This is really a common email from capital one. just their way of saying update you current info.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

Has anyone received this email before? I received this email the other day, with next month being the 1 year mark for both of my accounts. Is this them suggesting that I may be getting a CLI in the near future? What's interesting is both of my cards have had rewards for about 6 months or so now...

Re: Account ending in XXXX

Broke Triathlete,

Now that you’ve got your card with new rewards, it’s a good time to make sure all your account info is up to date. Having your current income and employment info helps us review and service your account better, including seeing if you may be eligible for a credit line increase. Updating your account info is easy. Just sign in to your account, and click on the My Info tab. And, if you haven’t already, sign up for automatic payments. It’s the easiest way to help make sure your payments don’t miss a beat.

My Citi card has me update my income each year.  It says it is because of federal law.  I don't know if it's true or not, but I go ahead and do it.  Two out of the three times I got a CLI after the following statement.  

Message 4 of 6
NichelleN
Established Contributor

I received this email even when I only had a fully secured card with Capital One. As far as I know, that card wasn't eligible for credit limit increases.

More than enough credit.
Message 5 of 6
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

Ah gotcha. Thanks for the responses guys. I didn't know if that was the norm or not! Have a great day myFICO!

Personal:

Business:

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.