cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One ..."Make first 5 Payments on Time and get a CLI"...?

tag
squirrely2005
Contributor

Re: Capital One ..."Make first 5 Payments on Time and get a CLI"...?

Same here. But I guess I got the smallest CLI. 300 to 500 after 5 months. I'm hoping it'll go up again sometime soon.

Message 11 of 14
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

I kept getting the same denial of increase letter when I attempted a cli over the net. Third time I called, talked to a rep. She said " That product has a $750.00 credit limit.".( my limit started at $500. then jumped to $ 750.).

She said I could apply/request a different card with higher limits. I kindly denied the offer as I did not want a HP. I keep the card around, use it for internet purchases, etc. so the payment  history remains.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 12 of 14
CFAN
Valued Member

I have two of their cards.  Both started at $500, both bumped to $750 after the generation of the 6th statement,one was bumped to $1,750 at the 1 year mark and the other remains at $750.

Message 13 of 14
Infamouscxr
Established Member

Received my card with a $500 limit and the letter for credit steps stating I was pre approved for the cli to $750 after using the card once and after 5th statement. Just paid my 5th payment on the 2nd of sept and woke this morning to an email on my phone from capital one stating I had a document waiting to be read. I opened my cap1 account thinking I would see the $250 increase stated in letter for credit steps (which I would of been okay with since I'm rebuilding) to my amazement the increased my limit $3000 to make it $3500!!! I originally got there 49/200 secured card and got the increase to 300 after six months so I applied for this card and am very satisfied with this!

On a side note my g/f applied for a cap1 platinum after I originally got the secured and she was approved for there platinum MasterCard with the $29 af and $1000 cl. After four months they bumped her to $4000 automatically... And she does have a bk in the past year before applying.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.