Did you mean: 

Capital One - "Payment too low"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One - "Payment too low"

oh thats cool 

@gdale6 wrote:

I would send your recon request to the EO     Let me Google that for you its the first entry   http://bit.ly/1g0P1zO

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

Then why the original post about not getting a CLI?

It's for my Venture 1 card. (3 of 3) The other 2 got the bumps up and the V1 got no luv based on low monthly payments according to Cap-1.

Message 12 of 19
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

My DH got the same thing last month, I made a 250 payment on his account, hit the LUV button yesterday 2k instantly. We dont use his card because Low Limit and no rewards.

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 13 of 19
taxi818
Super Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

OP, you've got two CapOne cards for $10k limits each. $3k isn't really pushing the need for a CLI.

You can try the EO, but it will likely be difficult to see a significant CLI until you are really pushing a lot of spending through the card. Individual CCC like CapOne and Discover don't mind when you push the existing limit on their card, they don't care about utilization percentage impact on your FICO score as long as it is their card you are using and you are paying heavily, or paying in full.

Good luck!

+1

Message 14 of 19
bradlin
Established Member

They come up with the dumbest reasons.

@Anonymous wrote:

I hit the 6 month mark with my Venture card.

Hit the luv button to request a CLI.

I received a letter via email/pdf that I was not qualified for a CLI because my "Monthly Payments Were Too Low."

Paid on time every month and also definitely paid double or quadrapule the minimum amount. 2 of the 6 months spent $3k the card and paid in full.

I'm perplexed by their response. Has anyone have this same issue?

Should I recon?  Backdoor number?

I called EO and then I got a letter to verify my income. I didn't send it. Now about 2 weeks after they sent me a denial letter I hit the LUV button and got a nominal increase. Well nominal considering I got $1k and asked for $6.5K to match another CL I have, with the argument that I want to run all my spending through it.

Message 15 of 19
bradlin
Established Member

Anyway one of the reasons was: late payment in the past 9 months. I don't know about any late payment. Maybe one may have been a day late.

Message 16 of 19
Deltadog03
Established Contributor

When you get this message does it show yall your score?  I don't see my Score and what report and date they used.  I have tried 3 times and it says that..lol

EQ8: 646 EQ5: 652 V3.0: 665 **8/2015
TU8: 635 TU4: 700 V3.0 :663 **8/2015
EX8: 636 EX3: 670 V3.0: ? **8/2015
CCD Util 35%

Message 17 of 19
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

I know this response too well.....can't remember how many times I got this but persistance paid... kept hitting the luv button every two months and bam.. one day doubled my CL. And I did not change anything of my spending habits..still way too low payments but CLI granted. So keep trying who knows one day it will work for you as well. Looks to me you do not really need it Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 19
Deltadog03
Established Contributor

Sounds good. TY. Ya would just want it for my Util. 

EQ8: 646 EQ5: 652 V3.0: 665 **8/2015
TU8: 635 TU4: 700 V3.0 :663 **8/2015
EX8: 636 EX3: 670 V3.0: ? **8/2015
CCD Util 35%

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.