cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One raised my limit to $2000!

tag
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One raised my limit to $2000!

@vish1 wrote:

@JayRizzo wrote:

Before the next person hit the Capital One Lottery, can everyone check that "Modify Features" button on their web site to see if there are any offers available to you?  I have yet to see anything and don't believe it even works, but someone prove me wrong.

We are in the same boat. I just checked "Modify Features" and have nothing. I agree with you, it probably doesnt work.

Mine shows nothing, but I have always assumed that it is because of the type of card I have and not due to the link not working.  My card is a classic platinum card with a $39 AF.  It was my first card to get when I started rebuilding. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 61 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just checked mine, no increase.  However, they started me at $30K, so not sure I want an increase.

Message 62 of 73
vish1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just checked mine, no increase.  However, they started me at $30K, so not sure I want an increase.

Are you saying you got a cap1 card with 30k limit? I have never heard of anything even close to that.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 63 of 73
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Could this be a typo?

Do you mean $3,000 or $30,000?

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 64 of 73
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Could this be a typo?

Do you mean $3,000 or $30,000?

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

I would assume they meant 3k because last I checked Capital One only offers up to 25k lines.

Message 65 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I was correct in saying $30,000.  I have really solid credit though.  That is the line they gave me with my initial application three years ago.  Was a little surprised, especially as I don't carry a balance, but it is nice to know I have a cushion should I ever need one.

Message 66 of 73
vish1
Valued Contributor

wat card is that?

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 67 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

@vish1 wrote:

wat card is that?

Looked at it looks like I have the No Hassles Reward card.  It is a Platinum MC if that helps.  Not a CC guy, so not real into what's what.

Message 68 of 73
vish1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@vish1 wrote:

wat card is that?

Looked at it looks like I have the No Hassles Reward card.  It is a Platinum MC if that helps.  Not a CC guy, so not real into what's what.

Just the 30k CL pulled all the attention coz we have never heard anything like 30k CL on any cap1 card earlier. This is all about curiosity. Do you mind sharing more about your credit profile at the time of cap1 application like, what other Credit cards (and their age/limits) you had at the time or applying for this cap 1?

Message 69 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

@vish1 wrote:

Just the 30k CL pulled all the attention coz we have never heard anything like 30k CL on any cap1 card earlier. This is all about curiosity. Do you mind sharing more about your credit profile at the time of cap1 application like, what other Credit cards (and their age/limits) you had at the time or applying for this cap 1?

Sure - When I applied I had a score in the mid-700s.  Never had a late in my life, late 20s when I got the card and I have a good job.  Sure all things that contributed to the limit.  The only other cards I had at the time was a Chase Saphire which was relatively new, but a conversion from another Chase card which I had for probably 5 years at that time.  That one has a $15K limit on it.  Only other card is some corporate cards. 

Message 70 of 73
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.