Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One refuses to grow with me

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One refuses to grow with me

@sdsoccerdad wrote:

For me. My oldest card in my profile goes back to last October followed by the cap one card.  You can see from my profile the line is sitting at $750. Would it not really matter if I closed this one?

Since your file is relatively new its not going to affect you that much to close it if thats what you really want to do. I would however wait till the AF comes due again then close it out.

Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just for the record everyone was correct. I was declined a cli everytime and not even eligible for an upgrade. So I applied for the Capital One Venture credit card and was approved with a 12k SL. I want to thank everyone for their contributions to the forum. 

Message 22 of 23
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just for the record everyone was correct. I was declined a cli everytime and not even eligible for an upgrade. So I applied for the Capital One Venture credit card and was approved with a 12k SL. I want to thank everyone for their contributions to the forum. 

Congrats on your Venture approval, nice starting limit! You can combine 2 personal cards, moving the CL from your old card to Venure, which closes the card. It has to have a $0 balance to combine.

Yes, Cap One loves to give out new cards wit nice limits and hate to give out CLIs. I just got declined on my Spark biz card. The reason they gave was "average monthly payment too low". I took out an 18 mo. 0% BT in Feb. and paid it in full late August, had to pay it close a Home Equity line of credit. So I added up all the payment this year including the payoff - $550 average payment. That's "too low" for them? Smiley LOL

I think they real reasons are

1) They hate to give requested CLIs, they rely on their system to determine the appropriate CL.

2) low charge usage, they make much $$$ on swipe fees than BT fees

Too bad, Cap One - 1.5% rewards doesn't cut it for me anymore. Now your card gets sock drawer'ed with just enough occasional small charges to keep it active, so now you'll make even less $$$ off the card.

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.