cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One request to consolidate or for CLI - DENIED!!!!

tag
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Capital One request to consolidate or for CLI - DENIED!!!!

Called Crapital one since I have two cards with them, neither have been used in over 12 months so that actually may be part of the reason for the denial... but anyway.....

Requested to consolidate my two CL into a single CL, or to get approved for a CLI. I was told there is no hard pull to review the account for a CLI.

I was denied on both the consolidation (which I expected) but I was also denied the CLI as my account acitivity didnt show enough of a pattern. I told the CSR that I never used these cards since the limits are so low (2000 and 2000) and as such always use my bigger cards and keep these as "backup" in case of emergencies (which I havent had any) and didnt feel that should be looked at negatively. If they would pull my credit, they could see I have high FICO scores and always PIF every month.

I was told that is not their standard way of reviewing accounts, sorry, and if I want a bigger card I need to apply for another. She suggested the Venture card. I wanted to know if I had any preapproved offers and she said, no. None at this time.

Man, what a disaster Capital One is... I appreciate that they let me participate in their Credit Steps program years and years ago, but my life, income, and credit have change substantially since then and they are refusing to grow with me.I dont want to dump these cards, as they have 5/6 years of age, and it would kill my score. But I just see any reason to ever take them out of my sock drawer except to maybe get the cash back rewards and use them for gas or something....

Meh, I dunno. Just venting.

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One request to consolidate or for CLI - DENIED!!!!

Good that you've tested the waters, but most of us been there / done that.  Cap-1 no longer combine cards as of about 2009.  Also, they're doing away with customer-initiated CLIs.  That's the double-whammy that you've just experienced.  Most of us are stuck with 2+ cards with them because that's their way of doing business.  They at least make double AF from each customer who carry two or more cards.  And, of course, they will push you to apply for another.  American Greed.

Message 2 of 3
andre181
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One request to consolidate or for CLI - DENIED!!!!

@ngerasimatos wrote:

If they would pull my credit, they could see I have high FICO scores and always PIF every month.

They do pull, but its a soft pull. So they do know your scores and payment patterns.

They are not doing customer requested CLI. 

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.