Did you mean: 

Capital One's New App

tag
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One's New App

@Anonymous wrote:

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

I'm really glad they implemented touch ID for iPhones. However my iPad is still going to need to do the swipe deal.

I dont have touch id on my cap1 app, only swipe and no update pending on app store, hmmm....I do have touch id on my chase, discover and barclay.

Yeah, it's a new app...not an update to the existing app.  

I've got some cards. Some are pretty, some are ugly. Some are more useful than others.
Message 11 of 30
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

Also, as far as I can tell, you still need the Wallet app installed in order to recieve the push notifications for transactions right?

Hoping they merge the two apps.

I've got some cards. Some are pretty, some are ugly. Some are more useful than others.
Message 12 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

The top row and 3rd from the left is the new CO icon. This one allows Touch ID. image.jpg

Oh yeah, i deleted that off my phone...it seems useless to me.  I thought you all were talking about the regular Cap1 app lol...my mistake :-)

Message 13 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can go to settings within the new app and activate push notifications. I don't think the Wallet app is necessary anymore.
Message 14 of 30
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
You can go to settings within the new app and activate push notifications. I don't think the Wallet app is necessary anymore.

Yeah, that's the first place I looked, but when I go in there, there's a section for "alerts and notification settings" with my accounts listed.  But when I tap on any of th accounts, I get "Thanks for trying out our app.  We'll let you know when new features are ready".

I do have the latest version.  I am on iOS, don't know if the app is futher along with Android.

Message 15 of 30
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@toothgrind3r wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

I'm really glad they implemented touch ID for iPhones. However my iPad is still going to need to do the swipe deal.

I dont have touch id on my cap1 app, only swipe and no update pending on app store, hmmm....I do have touch id on my chase, discover and barclay.

Yeah, it's a new app...not an update to the existing app.  

I didn't download a new app. This was an update to my existing one. It was the old one last night and then when I went to sign on to show a friend a transaction I even said, "What the hell is this?" If it was a new app it wouldn't have been replaced where the old one was.

Yes to get push notifications for your C1 purchases you need the wallet app. I hope they merge those as well.

Personal:

Business:

Message 16 of 30
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I didn't download a new app either, mine just updated the existing app automatically.

I like the new interface. Much less clunky than the old app. Now if BoA would move beyond 2001 with their app i would be set.
Message 17 of 30
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

Okay, so, I think I figured out why we're all seeing different stuff.

A couple of weeks ago I downloaded this app.  The one with the white and red icon.  At the time, it was called "Capital One Mobile 5".

this was NOT an update to any of my existing apps.  And this did not allow for push notifications.  I got the "Thanks for trying out our app.  We'll let you know when new features are ready" using that app.

For the hell of it, I just searched the App Store again, and saw the same app, but it wasn't listed as an update to mine.  I downloaded it, and this does have the push notifications in it.

Message 18 of 30
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

It was an update that took this morning. 

image.jpg

Personal:

Business:

Message 19 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm interesting. I'm on iOS as well and it doesn't give me that message. I do have Wallet installed though so maybe that's why it lets me. Weird that you would need the Wallet app for the main app to give you notifications. I've been getting notifications through Wallet and was looking forward to activating them on the main app so I could delete it. Guess I'll hold off on that. Smiley Happy
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.