Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One's Payment Issues

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One's Payment Issues

They'll randomly hold payments. I PIF my cards...I came close to the limit one month (generally not hard to do) and PIF online. They pulled the money from checking on day 3 and didn't credit for 7. I finally called and said that because the payment was large (yea right 700 bucks whatever) that they held it. The rep said that she would release the hold...then said she couldn't because the release was already in the system.

Capital one...the CCC that gets suspicious when you pay them.

Message 11 of 18
nixforfun
Established Member

Its not just Cap 1. I have a BOA Secured Card and anytime i make a payment over $750 (I think) they hold it for a manual review. It appears as MBNL Hold or something and I have had instances when they have held it for over a week and I had some payments declined. I am a BOA checkings customer and I move money from Checkings to CC- Strange !!

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe this is just an issue with smaller limit cards, whether they are unsecured or secured.  I say this because we are noticing with our small rebuilder cards, EVERYTHING is slow.  We have 3 secured cards (one from Cap One, one from USAA, and, one from US Bank) and they all took forever to arrive in the mail, they took a LONG time to post to the credit bureau, payments are, as you say, pokey as can be.  The ONLY thing that has been fast in this whole process of getting credit cards again after many years has been the posting of the inquiries<----that happened in the twinkling of an eye! 

For us, it feels like Balbanes said: these credit card banks get suspicious when you give them money!  

Message 13 of 18
fast_times

I'm also having the same issues with my CapOne no hassle cash rewards platinum card.  Last month I spent about $3500 using a $500 CL card.  I was constantly juggling the payments to make sure I had more free CL to buy more stuff with.  This month the new higher limit cards will be used.  Being new to credit cards, I thought they were all like this.  Glad to hear other CCC are better.

FICO mid 770's
CapOne Quicksilver ($750) - Chase Freedom ($3500)
CitiBank Dividend ($6000) - AmEx Blue Cash Everyday ($9600)
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, something from Cap 1 that seems to have no rhyme, reason or consistency. Never thought I'd see the day.

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 Told Me They Would Stop That After My Accounts Were 6 Months Old, But They Still Do Even After That....  I Call And Complain, They Will Relase The Funds Before You Hang Up

Message 16 of 18
notmyj
Regular Contributor

You folks that are having this problem with payments... How are you making your payments? Through the CapOne website or your bank website? I have been making payments on my CapOne card through my banks online bill pay and the payments are always posted to my cap one account the next day. My bank sends the money electronically, i.e. I schedule the payment on for weds, and it is shown on the CapOne website and applied to the balance/available credit on thursday.

Everyone should pay their bills through their banks online bill pay. There are no fees, the payments post quicker and you have the complete payment history for every account in one place. My bank, PNC, will even print and send paper checks to creditors that dont have the ability to receive electronic transfers. For instance, when I had a room mate in my old apartment, he had the lease in his name and I would pay him directly for my half. I added him to my bill list and the bank would actually send him a paper check to the same address I was living. I cant reccomend it enough. It only takes a minute to add a bill, then a couple clicks to make a payment.

BK7 Filed 6/4/18
341 7/13/18
SCORES
7/19/18 Pre Discharge TU 8 572 EX 8 566
Message 17 of 18
p-
Valued Contributor

@notmyj wrote:

You folks that are having this problem with payments... How are you making your payments? Through the CapOne website or your bank website? I have been making payments on my CapOne card through my banks online bill pay and the payments are always posted to my cap one account the next day. My bank sends the money electronically, i.e. I schedule the payment on for weds, and it is shown on the CapOne website and applied to the balance/available credit on thursday.

Everyone should pay their bills through their banks online bill pay. There are no fees, the payments post quicker and you have the complete payment history for every account in one place. My bank, PNC, will even print and send paper checks to creditors that dont have the ability to receive electronic transfers. For instance, when I had a room mate in my old apartment, he had the lease in his name and I would pay him directly for my half. I added him to my bill list and the bank would actually send him a paper check to the same address I was living. I cant reccomend it enough. It only takes a minute to add a bill, then a couple clicks to make a payment.

Agreed.  I use my bank's online bill pay and the turnaround is quick.  But just to be safe, I always pay right away and never let it get close to the limit.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.