Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One's application 'reset' date?

tag
daveg38
Established Contributor

Capital One's application 'reset' date?

So I know that Capital One has changed their rules to only allow one application every 6 months.

Does anyone know how you can find your 'reset' date? I know I was approved around the middle of May, but I am still getting the "Based on your application information, there is a currently pending or recently processed application with Capital One" message when I shoot for another.

Thank you in advance.

Ch7 Discharge: 5/14/2016 | Target RedCard $900 | Merrick DYL $500
6 REPLIES 6
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One's application 'reset' date?

Search your email for that approval and 2 days prior to that should be sufficient to use as 60 days from that date.

Message 2 of 7
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Another option (if you have a monitoring service) is to find the inquiry date for Cap1
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rmduhon wrote:
Another option (if you have a monitoring service) is to find the inquiry date for Cap1

Good idea. You can also check Credit Karma for the account open date and go from there. Good luck!

Message 4 of 7
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Lots of good solutions here... I'll just add that if you have more than one Capital One card and you're eligible to combine accounts that screen will give you each account opening date as well.  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

I didn't know about getting the date from combining cards. Going to combine hubby's cards today, first time for us.
Message 6 of 7
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@rmduhon wrote:
I didn't know about getting the date from combining cards. Going to combine hubby's cards today, first time for us.

Yep!  Smiley Happy

Tthe account opening date is just to the right of the card icon:

combinenew.jpg

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.