Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One's membership fees

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One's membership fees

Chatting now.  Tried for the no annual fee Venture One Rewards. Answer was -

I have reviewed both accounts and I do see that currently there is no option available on the accounts to upgrade them as Venture One Rewards cards.

Next I asked about the Quicksilver. Even if I get the one with an annual fee, then I'd be getting rewards with that one. Currently doesn't get any.  

The rep pointed out that one of my cards is a rewards card. Then, after I asked about converting the second one, his reply was -

I am sorry, there is no offer available currently on the other card. However, we review the accounts periodically for the possible offers on them.  If any offer will come then we will certainly inform you about that.

My non-rewards card is due for a CLI in a few weeks. I'll try the Luv Button first. If that doesn't work then I'll call the EO office. They have been good to me with that. Maybe I'll ask if that card can be converted at the same time.

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@masscredit wrote:

Chatting now.  Tried for the no annual fee Venture One Rewards. Answer was -

I have reviewed both accounts and I do see that currently there is no option available on the accounts to upgrade them as Venture One Rewards cards.

Next I asked about the Quicksilver. Even if I get the one with an annual fee, then I'd be getting rewards with that one. Currently doesn't get any.  

The rep pointed out that one of my cards is a rewards card. Then, after I asked about converting the second one, his reply was -

I am sorry, there is no offer available currently on the other card. However, we review the accounts periodically for the possible offers on them.  If any offer will come then we will certainly inform you about that.

My non-rewards card is due for a CLI in a few weeks. I'll try the Luv Button first. If that doesn't work then I'll call the EO office. They have been good to me with that. Maybe I'll ask if that card can be converted at the same time.

Try emailing social@capitalone.com for better results.

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@masscredit wrote:

What does everyone think of Capital One's membership fees? One of mine is $39.00 and the other is $59.00. I've had the card with teh $39.00 fee for about 3 years. It was my first card when I started rebuilding. Started at $750. and it's up to $6k now.  The other was owned by a company that I'm forgetting now. They were bought buy Cap 1 and transitioned the end of last year. That has a $4500. limit and I anticipate it going to $6k in the next month. 

I'd say they are decent cards. I pay in full, have rewards on the $6k card and can do free balance transfers if I want to. They are the only cards that I have with membership fees. I called to see about having the fees wavied last year but no go. These two cards represent $10,500. of my total $25k in avaialble credit so I rather not cancel them. I guess it comes down to cancel them or deal with it.

Another thing about the fees, easlier this year I called to get the dates that they would be charged. I was told Oct 31st. I wanted to know to make sure I had them paid when the statement closed on the 7th of the month so the statements would close at $0.00 like they alwasy do. Well, they charged me when the statement closed this week so both cards closed with a balance. I wasn't happy about that. I let a balance post on one card and now there will be 3 this month. This is the month that I should see an auto-CLI on one of my Barclay cards and one of the $4500. Cap 1 is due for an increase. I can see me losing some points because of those balances. Might not matter but still. 

$59 + $39 = almost $100 a year, CapOne is killing you, too bad they don't want to do a product change, i had the Visa Journey and then i applied for the Quicksilver Visa and was Declined for that one, then i called and requested the Journey Visa product change to the Quicksilver Visa and they said yes, NO problem, And i only had the Journey Visa for 2 months when i did this........Call again...

Message 13 of 22
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I think the EO office might be my best chance. I'm no longer in a position where I have to pay for the "priviliage" of having a company's credit card. I run a lot of money though their two cards each year so we should have a good relationship. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are too many good AF cards out there to be paying C1 for a sub-prime product.

Message 15 of 22
Florida1990
Frequent Contributor

Just use facebook or contact the EO for help and they may be able to give you a partial credit for annual fee or remove it all together.

Pre-CH7 Scores- TU 584 EX 540 EQ 581
Post-CH7 Scores- TU 656 EX 630 EQ 670

Navy Fed Cash Rewards-$4,500, Credit One MC $500, Credit One VS $700 Ollo Platinum MC $900, Avant MC $1,000 Primor Secured Vs. $200, Wayfair $750, Eddie, Jcrew, Boscov $250-$300.
Message 16 of 22
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@masscredit wrote:

I think the EO office might be my best chance. I'm no longer in a position where I have to pay for the "priviliage" of having a company's credit card. I run a lot of money though their two cards each year so we should have a good relationship. 

Yes, that or the social media group.  Capital One reps are unempowered (presumably as a business decision which makes sense) so unless an offer pops up, there is nothing they can do.   EO can do more, if you fit the parameters.   If they cannot help waive the fee, or PC, I really would close at least the $4,500 one.  The AF just isn't worth it

Message 17 of 22
I_need_720
Regular Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@masscredit wrote:

Yes, that or the social media group.  Capital One reps are unempowered (presumably as a business decision which makes sense) so unless an offer pops up, there is nothing they can do.   EO can do more, if you fit the parameters.   If they cannot help waive the fee, or PC, I really would close at least the $4,500 one.  The AF just isn't worth it

+ 1  - Masscredit have you had your Barclays relationship for at least 6 months? Are you putting decent spend through their cards and PIF very month or carrying low balance %? If so, call up the Barclay's Credit Analyst line (866-408-4064) and tell them that you are looking to close and replace your CapOne account with the $4500 CL because it has no rewards and tell them how much spend you are putting through the card.  Before they do a HP to apply for an Arrival or  Sallie Mae, etc. ask if based on your current history with them and if there are no suprises on a credit report does it appear that they are open to extending another product to you.  If yes, proceed - Good Luck!

br>Current Scores: EQ: 629 EX: 654 TU: 682 on 12/30/2014 from myFico
Starting Scores: EQ: 640 EX: 672 TU: 663 on 08/26/2014 from myFico
Goal Scores: 750+

In the Garden till October 2015 - Last App November 13, 2014
Message 18 of 22
Rain77
Frequent Contributor

Def contact EO.  I recently got my AF removed permantly after I was told no on chat (figured I would be, but took a chance). I was denied on the upgrade to regular QS, but no biggie as long as I have no AF.  Good luck.

Last HP 8/29/14

Message 19 of 22
Bman70
Established Contributor

Apply for Bank of America's Better Balance Rewards card.. The $100 you get per year will pay your Cap1 fees until you come up for a PC. Smiley Happy I kept my Cap1 Plat around and earlier this year it finally qualified for Quicksilver PC.

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.