Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One's membership fees

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One's membership fees

Do you think I should wait and try to take care of everything at once with the EO? I only like to call them when I need to. My last CLI for the non-rewards card was May 2nd so I'm planning on trying for another one after my next statement closes on Nov 7th. I use the Luv Button first then call if that is declined.

The first thing I'd like to do is bump my CL to $6K. That will match my other Cap1 card and be a little lower than my Barclay Apple card after that's increased in a few weeks. Okay, hopefully increased. Don't want to count my CLIs before they are given to me Smiley Happy   Then see if at least one of the cards (non-rewards card) can be converted to a Quick Silver or Venture card. And finally, no matter what I have, see if both cards can have no membership fee.

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 21 of 22
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One's membership fees

@I_need_720 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@masscredit wrote:

I think the EO office might be my best chance. I'm no longer in a position where I have to pay for the "priviliage" of having a company's credit card. I run a lot of money though their two cards each year so we should have a good relationship. 

Yes, that or the social media group.  Capital One reps are unempowered (presumably as a business decision which makes sense) so unless an offer pops up, there is nothing they can do.   EO can do more, if you fit the parameters.   If they cannot help waive the fee, or PC, I really would close at least the $4,500 one.  The AF just isn't worth it

+ 1  - Masscredit have you had your Barclays relationship for at least 6 months? Are you putting decent spend through their cards and PIF very month or carrying low balance %? If so, call up the Barclay's Credit Analyst line (866-408-4064) and tell them that you are looking to close and replace your CapOne account with the $4500 CL because it has no rewards and tell them how much spend you are putting through the card.  Before they do a HP to apply for an Arrival or  Sallie Mae, etc. ask if based on your current history with them and if there are no suprises on a credit report does it appear that they are open to extending another product to you.  If yes, proceed - Good Luck!

My Barclay's Apple card is 2 years old. Hoping to see my next 6 month auto-CLI on the 24th of this month. The Barclay Rewards card will be 6 months old next month so that should go up too. Both get a decent amount of use. I ran the Rewards Card up close to the $2500. limit last month then PIF before the statement closes. I usually only have one card report a balance. Most of the time it's a Barclay card. Reported balance usually ranges between $59. and $850. I've been paying with my total utilization to see if it does anything to my scores. Reported utilization ranges from .002% - 3%.

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.