Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One secured Card Question!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One secured Card Question!

Does Capital One increase uncecured Limits on there Secured card? If so im at 5 Months. I have heard it is possable at 6mts they possably would do cli.i currently have mine at 500.00 which i increased 200.00 i started with 300. I am trying to build credit befor applying for an unsecured card. When is the right time for me ? Help!

any confermation would be helpful.

Thanks 

Scores EQ/619

TU/609

Exp/612

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
needtodobetter
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One secured Card Question!

I had a secured Cap One card for three years - always paid more than minimum & always multiple monthly payments.  I never received a credit line increase on my secured card.....BUT others have.  It is not an automatic increase like the steps program.  For some, it happens; for others, it doesn't.  You also cannot request a CLI.  They will deny it indicating that the account is not qualified for requested CLI.  They have to initiate CLI.  

You very likely qualify for one of their unsecured cards.  I would go to their site and try the prequal and see what they offer you.

https://findmycard.capitalone.com/en/PageVersions/LandingPages/LP_UNS_QUICK_RWD_V01.aspx

Good luck!

05/01/15: EQ 519 TU 541 EX 506
10/28/15: EQ 637 TU 646 EX 622
First Goal Score: 600
Second Goal Score: 640
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One secured Card Question!

Thank you for the info best of luck to you in rebuilding!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.