Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One supposed late payment

tag
logan_720
Established Contributor

Capital One supposed late payment

So I was just informed by Capital One, as I was trying to get them to increase my CL, that I had a missed payment in April. If I had a late payment wouldn't I have had received an alert from myFico? How long do they take to fall off of my report?Smiley SurprisedSmiley Sad

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One supposed late payment

Was it 30 days late? If not it shouldn't be reported. Probably why you didn't get an alert.
Message 2 of 11
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Was it 30 days late? If not it shouldn't be reported. Probably why you didn't get an alert.

+1.   Unless you paid 30 days late ( i.e. one month after the due date ) then you should not incur a 30~day late notation on your credit reports.    However Cap1 can still ding you for it, either with fees, increased interest rates, etc....

The odds of getting a CLI with Cap1 are a longshot anyway, so it's not like they would have given you an increase even without the late pay... Smiley Wink

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 11
Education44
Contributor

I had the same thing happen to me and I just called customer service and asked if they could remove it and they did.

Starting Score: 532
Current Score: EQ08 702, TU08 710, EX08 701Goal Score: 760

NASA, $30,000/ Wells Fargo $20,000 / Venture $7,500 / JCP $6,000 / Ch Freedom $5,000 / Ch Sapphire $5,000 / Discover $5,000 / Walmart $4,500 / VS $2,150 / AMEX BCE $2,000/ Chase SW $2,000 / Merrick $1,900 / Credit One $1,450 Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 11
logan_720
Established Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

+1.   Unless you paid 30 days late ( i.e. one month after the due date ) then you should not incur a 30~day late notation on your credit reports.    However Cap1 can still ding you for it, either with fees, increased interest rates, etc....

The odds of getting a CLI with Cap1 are a longshot anyway, so it's not like they would have given you an increase even without the late pay... Smiley Wink

LOL I know, I get on from time to time just to see if I can make one of them do anything. The scary thing, though, is after a chat was concluded one day, I actually had the "Peggy" I was talking to request me on Facebook Smiley Surprised  

Can you say "VIOLATION OF COMPANY POLICY!"

Message 5 of 11
john398
Senior Contributor

@logan_720 wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

LOL I know, I get on from time to time just to see if I can make one of them do anything. The scary thing, though, is after a chat was concluded one day, I actually had the "Peggy" I was talking to request me on Facebook Smiley Surprised  

wow maybe she wanted a date

Message 6 of 11
marty56
Super Contributor

@john398 wrote:
wow maybe she wanted a date

Or a serial killer stalking her next victm. Alec Baldwin could play the pudgy cop in the film who always gets his man and donut.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 7 of 11
Poet34
Valued Member

Capital One reported a 30 day late several months back for me as well.  My due date is the 4th of the month and I had paid my bill on the 28th of the prior month.  The payment showed on my bank statement and on my Capital One statement.  I talked to a CSR and it was removed within a couple days.

My Wallet: Capital One $673, Barclay's Apple $2k, Amex TrueEarnings Costco $6k, Chase Freedom $5k, Discover More $15k
Message 8 of 11
Poet34
Valued Member

Capital One reported, in error, a 30 day late several months back for me as well.  

My due date is the 4th of the month and I had paid my bill on the 28th of the prior month.  The payment showed on my bank statement and on my Capital One statement.  I talked to a CSR and it was removed within a couple days.

My Wallet: Capital One $673, Barclay's Apple $2k, Amex TrueEarnings Costco $6k, Chase Freedom $5k, Discover More $15k
Message 9 of 11
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@logan_720 wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

Wow! Talk about "big brother watching"!!!

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.