Reply
Established Contributor
Posts: 608
Registered: ‎02-02-2012
0

Capital One supposed late payment

So I was just informed by Capital One, as I was trying to get them to increase my CL, that I had a missed payment in April. If I had a late payment wouldn't I have had received an alert from myFico? How long do they take to fall off of my report?Smiley SurprisedSmiley Sad

Established Member
Posts: 48
Registered: ‎05-27-2011
0

Re: Capital One supposed late payment

Was it 30 days late? If not it shouldn't be reported. Probably why you didn't get an alert.
Sorry cant do paragraphs. Posting from an iPad, for some reason the return key doesn't work on Myfico forums.
Super Contributor
Posts: 9,674
Registered: ‎01-28-2010
0

Re: Capital One supposed late payment

[ Edited ]

drudown wrote:
Was it 30 days late? If not it shouldn't be reported. Probably why you didn't get an alert.


+1.   Unless you paid 30 days late ( i.e. one month after the due date ) then you should not incur a 30~day late notation on your credit reports.    However Cap1 can still ding you for it, either with fees, increased interest rates, etc....

 

The odds of getting a CLI with Cap1 are a longshot anyway, so it's not like they would have given you an increase even without the late pay... Smiley Wink

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Contributor
Posts: 86
Registered: ‎02-24-2012
0

Re: Capital One supposed late payment

I had the same thing happen to me and I just called customer service and asked if they could remove it and they did.



Starting Score: 532
Current Score: EQ08 702, TU08 710, EX08 701Goal Score: 760

NASA, $30,000/ Wells Fargo $20,000 / Venture $7,500 / JCP $6,000 / Ch Freedom $5,000 / Ch Sapphire $5,000 / Discover $5,000 / Walmart $4,500 / VS $2,150 / AMEX BCE $2,000/ Chase SW $2,000 / Merrick $1,900 / Credit One $1,450 Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Posts: 608
Registered: ‎02-02-2012
0

Re: Capital One supposed late payment


pizzadude wrote:


+1.   Unless you paid 30 days late ( i.e. one month after the due date ) then you should not incur a 30~day late notation on your credit reports.    However Cap1 can still ding you for it, either with fees, increased interest rates, etc....

 

The odds of getting a CLI with Cap1 are a longshot anyway, so it's not like they would have given you an increase even without the late pay... Smiley Wink



LOL I know, I get on from time to time just to see if I can make one of them do anything. The scary thing, though, is after a chat was concluded one day, I actually had the "Peggy" I was talking to request me on Facebook Smiley Surprised  

 

Can you say "VIOLATION OF COMPANY POLICY!"

Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,528
Registered: ‎01-19-2009
0

Re: Capital One supposed late payment


logan_720 wrote:

pizzadude wrote:


+1.   Unless you paid 30 days late ( i.e. one month after the due date ) then you should not incur a 30~day late notation on your credit reports.    However Cap1 can still ding you for it, either with fees, increased interest rates, etc....

 

The odds of getting a CLI with Cap1 are a longshot anyway, so it's not like they would have given you an increase even without the late pay... Smiley Wink



LOL I know, I get on from time to time just to see if I can make one of them do anything. The scary thing, though, is after a chat was concluded one day, I actually had the "Peggy" I was talking to request me on Facebook Smiley Surprised  

 

Can you say "VIOLATION OF COMPANY POLICY!"


wow maybe she wanted a date

Super Contributor
Posts: 5,703
Registered: ‎10-06-2007
0

Re: Capital One supposed late payment


john398 wrote:
wow maybe she wanted a date


Or a serial killer stalking her next victm. Alec Baldwin could play the pudgy cop in the film who always gets his man and donut.

11/28/2014 FICO: EQ: 796 EX:788 TU:803
Valued Member
Posts: 34
Registered: ‎10-18-2009
0

Re: Capital One supposed late payment

Capital One reported a 30 day late several months back for me as well.  My due date is the 4th of the month and I had paid my bill on the 28th of the prior month.  The payment showed on my bank statement and on my Capital One statement.  I talked to a CSR and it was removed within a couple days.

 

 

My Wallet: Capital One $673, Barclay's Apple $2k, Amex TrueEarnings Costco $6k, Chase Freedom $5k, Discover More $15k
Valued Member
Posts: 34
Registered: ‎10-18-2009
0

Re: Capital One supposed late payment

Capital One reported, in error, a 30 day late several months back for me as well.  

 

My due date is the 4th of the month and I had paid my bill on the 28th of the prior month.  The payment showed on my bank statement and on my Capital One statement.  I talked to a CSR and it was removed within a couple days.

 

 

My Wallet: Capital One $673, Barclay's Apple $2k, Amex TrueEarnings Costco $6k, Chase Freedom $5k, Discover More $15k
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,322
Registered: ‎05-05-2011
0

Re: Capital One supposed late payment


logan_720 wrote:

pizzadude wrote:


+1.   Unless you paid 30 days late ( i.e. one month after the due date ) then you should not incur a 30~day late notation on your credit reports.    However Cap1 can still ding you for it, either with fees, increased interest rates, etc....

 

The odds of getting a CLI with Cap1 are a longshot anyway, so it's not like they would have given you an increase even without the late pay... Smiley Wink



LOL I know, I get on from time to time just to see if I can make one of them do anything. The scary thing, though, is after a chat was concluded one day, I actually had the "Peggy" I was talking to request me on Facebook Smiley Surprised  

 

Can you say "VIOLATION OF COMPANY POLICY!"


Wow! Talk about "big brother watching"!!!

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.