Established Contributor
logan_720

Capital One supposed late payment

So I was just informed by Capital One, as I was trying to get them to increase my CL, that I had a missed payment in April. If I had a late payment wouldn't I have had received an alert from myFico? How long do they take to fall off of my report?:smileysurprised::smileysad:

Established Member
drudown

Re: Capital One supposed late payment

Was it 30 days late? If not it shouldn't be reported. Probably why you didn't get an alert.
Sorry cant do paragraphs. Posting from an iPad, for some reason the return key doesn't work on Myfico forums.
pizzadude

[ Edited ]

drudown wrote:
Was it 30 days late? If not it shouldn't be reported. Probably why you didn't get an alert.

+1.   Unless you paid 30 days late ( i.e. one month after the due date ) then you should not incur a 30~day late notation on your credit reports.    However Cap1 can still ding you for it, either with fees, increased interest rates, etc....

The odds of getting a CLI with Cap1 are a longshot anyway, so it's not like they would have given you an increase even without the late pay... :smileywink:

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
New Contributor
Education44

I had the same thing happen to me and I just called customer service and asked if they could remove it and they did.

Starting Score 2/10/12: FICO TU 576, FICO EQ 582, EX PLUS 597
Current Score: MYFICO TU 718, MYFICO EQ 710, EX FAKO 726
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Established Contributor
logan_720

pizzadude wrote:

+1.   Unless you paid 30 days late ( i.e. one month after the due date ) then you should not incur a 30~day late notation on your credit reports.    However Cap1 can still ding you for it, either with fees, increased interest rates, etc....

The odds of getting a CLI with Cap1 are a longshot anyway, so it's not like they would have given you an increase even without the late pay... :smileywink:

LOL I know, I get on from time to time just to see if I can make one of them do anything. The scary thing, though, is after a chat was concluded one day, I actually had the "Peggy" I was talking to request me on Facebook :smileysurprised:  

Can you say "VIOLATION OF COMPANY POLICY!"

Senior Contributor
john398

logan_720 wrote:

pizzadude wrote:

LOL I know, I get on from time to time just to see if I can make one of them do anything. The scary thing, though, is after a chat was concluded one day, I actually had the "Peggy" I was talking to request me on Facebook :smileysurprised:  

wow maybe she wanted a date

Super Contributor
marty56

john398 wrote:
wow maybe she wanted a date

Or a serial killer stalking her next victm. Alec Baldwin could play the pudgy cop in the film who always gets his man and donut.

09/12/2013 FICO: EQ: 772 EX:813 TU:752
Valued Member
Poet34

Capital One reported a 30 day late several months back for me as well.  My due date is the 4th of the month and I had paid my bill on the 28th of the prior month.  The payment showed on my bank statement and on my Capital One statement.  I talked to a CSR and it was removed within a couple days.

My Wallet: Capital One $673, Barclay's Apple $2k, Amex TrueEarnings Costco $6k, Chase Freedom $5k, Discover More $15k
Valued Member
Poet34

Capital One reported, in error, a 30 day late several months back for me as well.  

My due date is the 4th of the month and I had paid my bill on the 28th of the prior month.  The payment showed on my bank statement and on my Capital One statement.  I talked to a CSR and it was removed within a couple days.

My Wallet: Capital One $673, Barclay's Apple $2k, Amex TrueEarnings Costco $6k, Chase Freedom $5k, Discover More $15k
Senior Contributor
bichonmom

logan_720 wrote:

pizzadude wrote:

Wow! Talk about "big brother watching"!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+