cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One to offer free credit score?

tag
Imua
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One to offer free credit score?

@awiser wrote:
The info provided is identical to what's in CK. It's definitely not a FICO score.

from the link provided by kayvee_ in post#4:

"Quick and easy access to your TransUnion educational score through Capital One's mobile app or online banking portal"

it seems that if it were a FICO TU score, it would have said FICO, rather than a "TU educational score"

Message 31 of 40
Transmogrifying_Bee
Frequent Contributor

The Capital One press release announcing the new "Score Tracker" feature (originally cited on the First Page of this thread) was dated only 5 days ago:

http://www.multivu.com/mnr/7149451-capital-one-interactive-tracker-provides-free-credit-score

ONLINE ACCESS INFORMATION, from Press Report:    

" Credit Tracker is available to U.S. customers with a Capital One branded consumer credit card through the Capital One MOBILE APP and will be available on the company’s ONLINE servicing site NEXT MONTH."

I guess that many/most of us will have to wait a bit . . . !

FICO Score 8: EQ 823 EX 817 TU 825 **** VantageScore 4.0: 825 **** VantageScore 3.0: EQ 823 EX 826 TU 825
TOTAL CL (6 cards): $141.0K **** INQUIRIES 2 yrs (1 yr): EQ 0(1) EX 0(0) TU 0(0) **** UTILIZ: 1 % **** GOAL: FICO Score 8: 840+
r>>
Amex BCE 30K || NASA FCU Rewards Visa 30K || Chase Sapphire Visa Signature 21.5K || PayPal Extras MC 20K
CITI Diamond Preferred MC 25.0K || Discover it 14.5K **** CLOSED 7 cards **** GARDENING since 9-26-2014
Message 32 of 40
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Mine already has that on the app and it appears to be very similar to the CK FAKO.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 33 of 40
KellyP25721
Frequent Contributor

It's exactly the same as my CK Fako

Starting Score: 573 (EX Faco) | Current Scores: EX(Fico) 674, EQ(Fico) 668, TU(Fico) 691
Message 34 of 40
VirusCredit13
Regular Contributor

Even though it appears to be a FAKO, I may grab a quicksilver(or another CapOne card) on my next spree which should be after my statements update this month.

The whole free monitoring sounds worthwild to check out and see how it compares to myfico SW and QM. I don't really need my exact FICO scores, so much as updates if anything new or erroneous is being reported.

Message 35 of 40
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@VirusCredit13 wrote:

Even though it appears to be a FAKO, I may grab a quicksilver(or another CapOne card) on my next spree which should be after my statements update this month.

The whole free monitoring sounds worthwild to check out and see how it compares to myfico SW and QM. I don't really need my exact FICO scores, so much as updates if anything new or erroneous is being reported.

From what I can tell its almost exactly the same as CK. Unless you really want an cap one I don't see why not just use the free ck to monitor your tu credit report .

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 36 of 40
VirusCredit13
Regular Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@VirusCredit13 wrote:

From what I can tell its almost exactly the same as CK. Unless you really want an cap one I don't see why not just use the free ck to monitor your tu credit report .

Well I'm planning on opening a few more cards, I figured this would be a nice feature to have with one of them. Also it start a relationship with CapOne. If I wasn't already planning on going on a spree for 4-5 more cards, then no I wouldn't get it just for this feature that I can get elsewhere for free.

Message 37 of 40
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@indiolatino61 wrote:

@CreditDrama85 wrote:

I was logged into my account and saw a tab that said "credit score tracker" and when i clicked on it to read the terms. It looks like a free Trans Union score is going to be offered. The downside is it does not say its a fico socre anywhere. I tried to accept the terms and enroll but it looks like its not available yet. Has anyone else heard of this or if you are enrolled is it a credit monitoring service too or does it just give you a TU score?

update: i found an article on marketwatch that says its not available for another 30 days and that it provides credit monitoring too. 

Geez...what is it about TU? Walmart...Discover...Barclays...now Cap1. 

Yeah. Why is it ALLLLLWAYS TU???

Message 38 of 40
cakebuilder
New Contributor

how about this for perspective:

my official fico from EQ via capital one is 775 yet my FAKO from their free credit score service is 724. go figure

.......$23k....................$8k......................$2k

Current FICO EQ: 775, EX: 764 | Current FAKO CK: 788

Message 39 of 40
creditFiend
Established Contributor

@CreditDrama85 wrote:

I was logged into my account and saw a tab that said "credit score tracker" and when i clicked on it to read the terms. It looks like a free Trans Union score is going to be offered. The downside is it does not say its a fico socre anywhere. I tried to accept the terms and enroll but it looks like its not available yet. Has anyone else heard of this or if you are enrolled is it a credit monitoring service too or does it just give you a TU score?

update: i found an article on marketwatch that says its not available for another 30 days and that it provides credit monitoring too. 

Thanks for sharing.  Mine is available via mobile app, but definitely a FAKO similar to CK as others have indicated.  I have free access to TU FICOs through Barclays & WMDisc.  I wish someone would offer free FICOs for EX & EQ.

Last app: 2/21/2016
Amex PRG (NPSL)| Amex Hilton Surpass ($17.6K)| Barclays Arrival WEM ($13K)| Barclays SM ($11K)| Capital One QS ($15K)
CareCredit (15.6K)| Chase CSP ($12K)| Chase Hyatt ($5K)| Chase FU VS ($7K)| Chase Ritz ($16.7K)| Citi DC ($2.4K)
Discover It ($4K)| Lowe's ($17K)| MSUFCU ($5K)| Nasa FCU ($20K)| Navy Cash Rewards ($20K)| Navy CLOC ($15K)
PenFed Thrifty ($500)| USAA Rate Advantage ($7K)
Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.