Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One up to it's old habits

tag
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

Capital One up to it's old habits

I emailed the ExO about 6 months ago to get a credit limit increase and an annual fee wavier both of which were taken care of.  Three months ago I took advantage of their 0% APR for 12mos BT.  Logged into today and I see they not only slapped me with a $39.99 AF but they also charged me a minimum finance charge for that 0% BT.  It's not interest, but is that the norm?  Past two months I have not recieved any finance charge what so ever.  The kicker is I can't even log back into the site now, keeps hanging.  ExO is gonna get an earful.  I'm done with CrapOne.  Once I resolve this, they will get no use from me.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
SpeeDj
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One up to it's old habits

When they waive the fee, it's for that cycle so if your AF pop's up say this month, it would charge you the annual fee, as a cardmember you should know this best. You know the drill, email the EO and ask this time instead of a CLI that they remove your AF and explain to you the finance charge. Best of luck.

JP

TU:552 | EQ:561 | EX:567 | Starting Score [LP from 08]
TU:693 | EQ:682 | EX:700 | Current Score [11.21.13]
[720 Overall] Goal Score - The grass is greener in the garden! (Amex made me fall out... since 12.13)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

Threw them a social media blast.  They've already got my accounts flagged, EO will contact me directly.  PITA, what are ya gonna do about it?  AMEX and Chase has never given me this much grief.  Oh well.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 3 of 7
Contributor

That's too bad. Capital One is probably the worst "prime" lender IMO, followed by Barclays.

$1500            $1500             $2500             $2500             NPSL         
Starting EQ: 646 - Current EQ: 693 - Goal EQ for 12/2013: >720
Gardening from 7/2013 until 1/2014
Message 4 of 7
Manny121
Established Member

@528491 wrote:

That's too bad. Capital One is probably the worst "prime" lender IMO, followed by Barclays.

I agree with you ..I have two CC with them and can't wait to sock drawer them..

AMEX GREEN [NPSL] ::: DISCOVER IT [$7800] ::: CHASE SAPPHIRE [$5000] ::: CHASE FREEDOM [$5000] ::: BARCLAYCARD ARRIVAL WMC [$5000] ::: CAP 1 VENTUREONE [$3000] ::: AMEX DELTA GOLD [$2000] ::: CAP 1 QS1 [$1250] ::: BOA CASH REWARDS [$1000] ::: CAP 1 PLATINUM [$750] ::: MACY'S RED CARD [$500]
Message 5 of 7
SpeeDj
Regular Contributor

Is cap one really considered a prime lender? I didn't think they earned that distinction, I don't know for me I kind of like the challenge in getting them to help their customer. I wish that they had the customer service reputation of some of the prime lenders sure but at the end of the day if I'm not being unreasonable with them I expect to be able to walk away with my needs seen to.

JP

TU:552 | EQ:561 | EX:567 | Starting Score [LP from 08]
TU:693 | EQ:682 | EX:700 | Current Score [11.21.13]
[720 Overall] Goal Score - The grass is greener in the garden! (Amex made me fall out... since 12.13)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
bluedog1
Regular Contributor

@SpeeDj wrote:

Is cap one really considered a prime lender? I didn't think they earned that distinction, I don't know for me I kind of like the challenge in getting them to help their customer. I wish that they had the customer service reputation of some of the prime lenders sure but at the end of the day if I'm not being unreasonable with them I expect to be able to walk away with my needs seen to.

JP

IMO they are pseudo-prime. They have some prime products like the Venture and Cash Rewards (for excellent credit) but the majority of their products are tailored to those that are new to credit or rebuilding. I had a Cap One card briefly and was extremely dissatisfied with their customer service, or lack thereof, to the point I just closed my card and moved on.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.