Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One upgrade to Visa Signature or World MC

tag
QuantumCredit
New Contributor

Capital One upgrade to Visa Signature or World MC

My CO card limit was recently raised to $5000+. Naturally, I called to request an upgrade to the World MC and was told that the only way they could do that is if it was accompanied by a change in my rewards program. I recently changed my rewards program to the Quicksilver 1.5% and I'm not eligible for another change for another 5 months, and even if I was I woudln't want to change out of that program. My question is, since that policy makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, is there any way I can upgrade to a World MC without switching rewards? Has anyone done it or have any advice? Will the EO agree to do it?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One upgrade to Visa Signature or World MC

@QuantumCredit wrote:

My CO card limit was recently raised to $5000+. Naturally, I called to request an upgrade to the World MC and was told that the only way they could do that is if it was accompanied by a change in my rewards program. I recently changed my rewards program to the Quicksilver 1.5% and I'm not eligible for another change for another 5 months, and even if I was I woudln't want to change out of that program. My question is, since that policy makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, is there any way I can upgrade to a World MC without switching rewards? Has anyone done it or have any advice? Will the EO agree to do it?

Thanks.

I think contacting the EO is warranted. I'd go down the path of the additional benefits offered by the WMC vs the regular Platinum card. Since you already have the Quicksilver rewards, you should be able to get the WMC of that card (I have it; and no its not the Quicksilver One version of that card that carrys the annual fee).

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.