Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One-upgraded to No Hassle Cash Rewards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One-upgraded to No Hassle Cash Rewards

I have had a Capital One Platinum card for almost 2 years. I received a letter in the mail telling me that I was eligible for an upgrade on my card. I called the customer service number provided on the letter and was offered an increase in my credit limit and a rewards program of my choice. I opted for the No Hassle Cash Rewards card.

I don't currently have a subscription to Scorewatch so I don't know my exact FICO score. I have been proactively working to clean up my credit report over the past few years so I'm confident my score has been improving.

I've searched online for the underwriting criteria for this card and, as expected, I can't find it.

I'm wondering if anyone else received this offer who did know their FICO score at the time?
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One-upgraded to No Hassle Cash Rewards

Did they make you app?
Here we go again...
Message 2 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

No. I confirmed three times that no credit pull was needed.

In fairness, last month I did make a big issue that my credit limit has not been increased in a year and a half. The rep reviewed my account and said no increase was available at that time. I asked for a specific reason and the rep indicated a letter would go out with the specific reason. When the letter came, the reason was listed as, "A credit limit increase is currently unavailable". This was not a reason and I was mad. I called and expressed my frustration only to have a rep tell me my account was not in good standing and that may be the reason for the declination. When I asked for details about why my account would not be in good standing, considering I've never missed a payment, usually pay the balance in full each month and have never been over my credit limit, she indicated I did not make a payment in Oct 2006 (notice she did not say I made a late payment in Oct 2006). To make a long story short, she realized I didn't make a payment because their was no payment due, as I made a payment the day before the end of the statement period.

After going around and around and receiving the run around, the rep read me the standard "please go away statement" that included informing me that Capital One is a conservative lender. Considering Cap One is one of the leading lenders in the sub-prime market, it floored me that the counsel approved script included a statement that Capital One is a conservative lender. I hung up and mailed a scathing letter to both Capital One's General Counsel and Senior Compliance Officer expressing my frustration. I mailed the letter almost two weeks ago and have not yet received a response.

I really didn't think my complaint had any connection to the letter I received extending the upgrade as it seemed like a form letter. I suppose it's a possibility. Has anyone else received this upgrade letter?
Message 3 of 36
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

My God.

Too much time on a CLI

Congrats though! Nicely done to show consumers can still affect the big wigs!

I'd focus on prime lenders now, if i were you, I mean phew - CLIs shouldnt be that hard hehe reading your post made me tired =P
Message 4 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATS!!!!!  I wanna upgrade....waaah!!!  Wow!! That is awesome especially from Cap1 and I am sure that you deserve it!!!!
Message 5 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had a Capital One Platinum card for almost 2 years. I received a letter in the mail telling me that I was eligible for an upgrade on my card. I called the customer service number provided on the letter and was offered an increase in my credit limit and a rewards program of my choice. I opted for the No Hassle Cash Rewards card.

I don't currently have a subscription to Scorewatch so I don't know my exact FICO score. I have been proactively working to clean up my credit report over the past few years so I'm confident my score has been improving.

I've searched online for the underwriting criteria for this card and, as expected, I can't find it.

I'm wondering if anyone else received this offer who did know their FICO score at the time?

I just got a new card in the mail 1 week ago,they said it was an upgrade from current "miles "card" when  I called  .I said wth and asked for a cli,they raised it from 1400 to 3900 instantly.
BTW my score EQ 613,EX687,TU699,they did NOT do a hard inquiry,I made sure before requesting.
Message 6 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

They pobably won'tupgrade mine anyway.  By my caculations I will be able to use my card again in the year 2026...lol!!! got a 1.99 for life BT offer and will tak my absolute time paying it back.  Of course in that case the card is unusable.
Message 7 of 36
dpr73
Valued Member

WOW!!! I just got off the phone with those you know what. I have had a card for 2 1/2 years..only one CLI brought card from 300 to 500. I get the same conservative lender speech crap too. I applied for a different Cap1 card and they gave me only 300! They wont give me a CLI on the old and the rep never offered to upgrade the account.
I have excellent payment history and this is the best i get. She "gave me a AF waiver till next year and reduced my APR to 17.9%! WTF is that! Sorry guys im pissed off and i spent over an hour talking, waiting, and listening to their crap. I didnt activate the new card and im seriously thinking about closing it. They offered to combine it but i think i deserve better than that. What should I do.
Message 8 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

What else is on your CR?  That bites bullets!!!  Seems Cap1 romances you if they truly thinkyou don't need them.  Whaat is your uti? What about payment pattern.
Message 9 of 36
dpr73
Valued Member

What do you mean what is on my CR? What other CC's? I have two HSBC,a Salute, and a Walmart card. My util for this month is 57% but it was at 21%. I'm just really tired of fooling with them. I just got CLI on Salute on had for 8 months, and currently combining HSBC but only had it for one year.Just got Walmart card and its higher than the Crap1.
Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.