cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One- who to talk to about not reporting to any of the bureaus.

tag
l8erg8er
New Contributor

Capital One- who to talk to about not reporting to any of the bureaus.

My mom and I received pre approvals on the same day in April (I believe the 17th), we both applied and were both approved for the basic platinum card, we both received our cards April 29th and each used them at lunch that day. My card started reporting almost immediately, my moms has yet to report. She has 0 other cards and only a car loan reporting, her scores in the mid 500's so she really needs this to start helping her build her way back up! Anyone she can call or email?

Starting Score: Dec 2013 High 500's Across the board
Current Score: Aug 2014 - TU 671, EX 671, EQ - 676

Capital One Venture || $7000 Total Rewards Visa - $6300 || Chase Sapphire - $5000 || DCU Platinum - $5,000 || Barclays Frontier - $3500 || BOA Cash Rewards $1500 || Barclays Carnival Rewards - $1300 || Chase Freedom - $500 || Capital One QuicksiverOne - $500 || Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard - $750 || Capital One Platinum - $1300 || Care Credit - $1000 || Victoria's Secret $900 || Amazon - $400 || Jcrew - $1450 || Overstock Store $1500 || Old Navy - $300
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One- who to talk to about not reporting to any of the bureaus.

Welcome to the forum 

It should report this month but you can also call the number on the back of the card and request a mid-cycle update 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 10
l8erg8er
New Contributor

She called, they were no help. I had her put it on speakerphone in case she needed my help, the answer she got was "After initial reporting we will update monthly, we cannot help you with your credit score please contact the credit bureaus to find that out" (uh we didn't ask anything about a credit score).

She also emailed them and for a similar response

Thanks for contacting us about your Capital One account.

After initial reporting, Capital One's normal business practice is to
report account information to the credit bureaus at least once a month.

We cannot provide information about impacts to your credit score. Credit
bureaus generate your credit score based on all account information on
your credit report, including account information reported by other
creditors. For specific information about your credit report, please
contact the credit bureaus. Here’s how:

Equifax: 800-685-1111, www.equifax.com
Experian: 888-397-3742, www.experian.com
TransUnion: 800-888-4213, www.transunion.com
Innovis: 800-540-2505, www.innovis.com

maybe we'll call again.

Capital One Venture || $7000 Total Rewards Visa - $6300 || Chase Sapphire - $5000 || DCU Platinum - $5,000 || Barclays Frontier - $3500 || BOA Cash Rewards $1500 || Barclays Carnival Rewards - $1300 || Chase Freedom - $500 || Capital One QuicksiverOne - $500 || Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard - $750 || Capital One Platinum - $1300 || Care Credit - $1000 || Victoria's Secret $900 || Amazon - $400 || Jcrew - $1450 || Overstock Store $1500 || Old Navy - $300
Message 3 of 10
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@l8erg8er wrote:

My mom and I received pre approvals on the same day in April (I believe the 17th), we both applied and were both approved for the basic platinum card, we both received our cards April 29th and each used them at lunch that day. My card started reporting almost immediately, my moms has yet to report. She has 0 other cards and only a car loan reporting, her scores in the mid 500's so she really needs this to start helping her build her way back up! Anyone she can call or email?

This happened to me for several months and no one would help. After a while it started reporting though. Got to love them.

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 4 of 10
l8erg8er
New Contributor

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@l8erg8er wrote:

This happened to me for several months and no one would help. After a while it started reporting though. Got to love them.

Great...maybe this will kick start reporting on its own? We called again, they don't seem to understand the question and now I know for sure they are reading from a script lol

Message 5 of 10
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@l8erg8er wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@l8erg8er wrote:

Great...maybe this will kick start reporting on its own? We called again, they don't seem to understand the question and now I know for sure they are reading from a script lol

Exactly. If it is not in a month or so, I would just contact the Executive Office. 

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 6 of 10
Shae123
Contributor

@l8erg8er wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@l8erg8er wrote:

I asked this question via chat yesterday and they said after the first statement... I asked when the statement was due and they said June 28th.. I was approved on the 4th. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 10
l8erg8er
New Contributor

@Shae123 wrote:

@l8erg8er wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@l8erg8er wrote:

I asked this question via chat yesterday and they said after the first statement... I asked when the statement was due and they said June 28th.. I was approved on the 4th. Smiley Happy

Her first statement was June 2. But it's strange that mine started reporting in early May and it doesn't even show the trade line for her yet! And she's used it more than I have!

Message 8 of 10
l8erg8er
New Contributor

2nd email response.

We continue to look for methods to improve the service that we provide
to our customers. Your request is an option that we will explore as we
enhance our service, but at this time we are unable to assist you with
the request you have made. We appreciate your business
and apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you.

If you have any questions, please give us a call at 1-800-955-7070. Our
Customer Service Representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a
week.

I give up! Hopefully it will show up soon!

Message 9 of 10
ACG23
Regular Contributor

@l8erg8er wrote:

2nd email response.

We continue to look for methods to improve the service that we provide
to our customers. Your request is an option that we will explore as we
enhance our service, but at this time we are unable to assist you with
the request you have made. We appreciate your business
and apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you.

If you have any questions, please give us a call at 1-800-955-7070. Our
Customer Service Representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a
week.

I give up! Hopefully it will show up soon!

I've had no luck getting Capital One to do a mid-statement update. I would expect that it reports after the first statement. If not, try social@capitalone.com. They tend to be very helpful, you just have to get the right person on the line. Very best of luck to you!

Gardening since May 2015
Starting Score: 585
Current Score: 770 EX
Goal Score: 790

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.