Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One will HP but use 30 day score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One will HP but use 30 day score

Is this widely known among the community here? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One will HP but use 30 day score

@Anonymous wrote:

Is this widely known among the community here? 

Don't know if widely known. But I know when my last negative fell off. And I apped.  My venture score was not the same as fico score. Could have been old score. I thought they would pull fresh report. I guess not. 

Message 2 of 7
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Cap1 is known to use 3 month old scores if you are an existing card holder in cases for CLI's.  Not sure about new accounts as they would HP for account

Message 3 of 7
Pway
Valued Contributor

I can agree with they do use old scores.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I apped for a new card and received my denial letter via email. To my surprise it was due to my FICO score from the month prior in which I had made some heavy usage to my available credit. So much for the "snapshot" we thought we needed to have at the time of application but speaks to how it is healthy to try to watch your balances at all times. 

Message 5 of 7
Shann0n_marie
Frequent Contributor

@Pway wrote:

I can agree with they do use old scores.

Even while contacting the EO office?Smiley Frustrated

2/8/19 - CH 7 BK filed
5/15/19 -Discharged
Scores at Discharge: 550 EQ 471 TU 509 EXP (Last Updated 5/11)
5/16/19 - Rebuild Started - App'ed for Credit One - Approved for $2,000 starting line! (Increased to $2200 the following month)
6/7/19 - 606 EQ 544 TU 566 EXP - New CC reported w/ $75 Balance
12/10/19 - 616 EQ 581 TU 592 EXP

8/28/2021 - 698 EQ 670 TU 674EXP
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

This seems like a sneeky move. And perhaps it explains why some people complain that they don't prequalify with them. I can imagine if your scores have gone up quite a bit and you attempt to either preq or apply, that they would be using your old data since the thinking would be that you're only going to apply when you think your score is the highest it's been in a while.  But with the Fico score being "dynamic" how do they get an old static score? 

Who else does this selective statis score pull? Then what's the lead time people should wait? A month after hitting a new high?

This is another strike against Cap1. = 3 CRA pulls, deliberate old Fico scores, very high APR...with the enticement of a high SL for a Venture. 

Will be staying away from them, even though practically every week I am getting a prequalified mailing from them. And I must have a million SPs by them on my credit report.

I have no need for the Venture. So I thanks but no thanks sneeky Cap1. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.