Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One will not budge....

tag
msaigh
New Contributor

Re: Capital One will not budge....

ddemari

yes both cards are PC cards. I asked this same question to CSR many times and I never get a clear answer.  Thanks

TU 798 / 1 INQ, EQ 794 / 1 INQ, EX 789 / 7 INQ, AAoA 3.7 years as of 2016-07-12
Message 11 of 29
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@msaigh wrote:

FinStar. I'm using the comunity as a sounding board. I have not 100% made up my mind, but I'm close. I'm just looking for some insight from the group as to the good & bad before going forward with this. Thanks for the reply.

Well, on the upside and based on your signature, you have very great scores and would qualify for just about anything.  On the other hand, and in my experience, I've had no issues with Capital One (dating back more than 15 years even with its predecessor).  If you feel it's worth your time and effort to reach out to the EO as some have suggested, then you can weigh your options on whether it's worth keeping those tradelines.  There have been quite a number of reported successes with the EO channel as a last resort for some individuals.

Message 12 of 29
core
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
I've had no issues with Capital One (dating back more than 15 years even with its predecessor).

Who is Capital One's predecessor?  I remember Capital One cards way longer than 15 years ago.  The kind with toy limits and they wouldn't report your limits to the CRAs so it would hose your utilization.  Until you intentionally maxed them out to fix your high bal.  That right there should count as an "issue".  I believe this was around 1995 but I could be off by a year or two.  I'm still curious bout the predecessor.  I know Cap One has purchased accounts from other companies but that's different.

Message 13 of 29
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@core wrote:

@FinStar wrote:
I've had no issues with Capital One (dating back more than 15 years even with its predecessor).

Who is Capital One's predecessor?  I remember Capital One cards way longer than 15 years ago.  The kind with toy limits and they wouldn't report your limits to the CRAs so it would hose your utilization.  Until you intentionally maxed them out to fix your high bal.  That right there should count as an "issue".  I believe this was around 1995 but I could be off by a year or two.  I'm still curious bout the predecessor.  I know Cap One has purchased accounts from other companies but that's different.

North Fork Bank was one of its predecessors.  They also acquired Signet Bank's CCs.  I had accounts with both.

Message 14 of 29
core
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
North Fork Bank was one of its predecessors.  They also acquired Signet Bank.  I had accounts with both.

Thanks for the info.

Sorry about the triple post folks.  I don't know what happened there but my browser seemed to want to go off and post while I was trying to type.

Message 15 of 29
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@core wrote:

@FinStar wrote:
North Fork Bank was one of its predecessors.  They also acquired Signet Bank.  I had accounts with both.

Thanks for the info.

Sorry about the triple post folks.  I don't know what happened there but my browser seemed to want to go off and post while I was trying to type.

No worries.  I think your browser may have gotten excited with Capital One it posted triple (like their HPs) Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 29
msaigh
New Contributor

I have contacted the Executive Office. Lets see what happens!

Message 17 of 29
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

@msaigh wrote:

I have contacted the Executive Office. Lets see what happens!

The EO is the best way to deal with CapOne, they have given me CLI at least 6 times in the last two years. They deal with the underwriter/credit analyst directly, not some newbie CSR that you get when you call, it's all scripted.

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 18 of 29
msaigh
New Contributor

Since I'm new to the community, Is it wrong of me to ask you what email address you used? I'm not sure if you're allowed to post it.

Message 19 of 29
kdm31091
Super Contributor

We cannot post the email address itself, but someone can PM it to you, or you can google capital one's CEO email and it comes up (someone will invariably post a "let me google that for you" link, but you can do it yourself the same).

I do agree you need the EO for most requests with Cap One before you give up.

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.