Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One will not budge....

tag
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One will not budge....

@msaigh wrote:

Since I'm new to the community, Is it wrong of me to ask you what email address you used? I'm not sure if you're allowed to post it.

Message them on Facebook

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 21 of 29
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@msaigh wrote:

So here’s my Capital One story. I have 2 cards, the Quicksilver MC World & Venture One MC. After talking to CSR every 90 days for the past year, they will not budge on my APR. 6 months ago I stop using these cards as everyday cards, and placed a recurring monthly charge on them. I paid the balance in full each month. I know conventional wisdom states to stick the cards in a sock draw and forget about them. I believe I’m passed that. I no longer want to be in business with Capital One and I’m thinking of closing both accounts. Closing the accounts will not harm my credit utilization which is currently at 2%. I know this will hurt my Age of Open Accounts with Vantagescore 3 & FAKO scores, but I don’t care since it will not harm my Age of All Accounts, for 10 years, which FICO uses. Did I miss any negatives? Is this a bad idea? I look forward to your comments

Everyone is different. Is it a bad idea? Hey if you dont like dealing with a certain company for whatever reason you have the ability to walk away. I personally would not close the cards. They have no AF. I like having a diverse set of credit card companies. I dont want to place all my eggs in one basket. For example, I have 4 checking accounts just in case anything happens. So  say if chase choose to close all my cards i could fall back on cap one,amex, discover, ect. Anything could happen right? If the cards are not costing you anything why not keep them? Capital one is not known for amazing apr's the QS world card is just a great easy to use everyday spend card. The venture one is pretty much useless. I would ask cap one EO to combine the limits or turn the venture one into a QS card. If low aprs are what you are after go to a CU and never look back. 

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 22 of 29
jacetx
Valued Contributor

I just PMed you their email address and phone number. Hope it helps.

Message 23 of 29
kdm31091
Super Contributor

The facebook option doesn't work...they spit out the same answers as the regular CSRs, at least they did when I tried it.

Message 24 of 29
msaigh
New Contributor

Thanks jace8602. That's the info I found as well. Thanks for the confirmation.

TU 798 / 1 INQ, EQ 794 / 1 INQ, EX 789 / 7 INQ, AAoA 3.7 years as of 2016-07-12
Message 25 of 29
Ups77
Regular Contributor

Get rid of them, I'm calling them up today to close my account with them. I had the card for 4 yrs with the same 500.00 limit. My average card is about 9500.00.they won't cli because I don't use it, my cell phone bill is half of that. 

Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

omg i spit my coffee! hilarious comment!Smiley LOL

Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@core wrote:

@FinStar wrote:
North Fork Bank was one of its predecessors.  They also acquired Signet Bank.  I had accounts with both.

Thanks for the info.

Sorry about the triple post folks.  I don't know what happened there but my browser seemed to want to go off and post while I was trying to type.

No worries.  I think your browser may have gotten excited with Capital One it posted triple (like their HPs) Smiley Wink

omg i spit my coffee! hilarious comment!Smiley LOL

Message 28 of 29
Mellon
Established Contributor

@tonyjones wrote:

@msaigh wrote:

Since I'm new to the community, Is it wrong of me to ask you what email address you used? I'm not sure if you're allowed to post it.

Message them on Facebook

+1

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.