Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One you frustrate me!

tag
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One you frustrate me!

@GettingBetter2015 wrote:
I emailed them, so we shall see what comes of it.

Think it was '13 when I did the email to Fairbank, and I received the reply within three business days. Phone call from them.

Message 11 of 26
GettingBetter2015
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the info! I'll keep this updated. I've never missed a payment with them, have always paid more than the minimum, and would run more through it if it were more valuable to me.
Slowly rebuilding, learning as I go, but that's the beauty of learning...You never have to stop!

Current FICO scores: EX: 664 TU: 650 EQ: 668

Message 12 of 26
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info! I'll keep this updated. I've never missed a payment with them, have always paid more than the minimum, and would run more through it if it were more valuable to me.

Yeah. I didn't have their secured card, but the Platinum AF, and MTV. It was like pulling nails to get CLIs out of them. I decided it wasn't worth the headache.

Message 13 of 26
GettingBetter2015
Regular Contributor

Yeah, I'm guessing they'll soon be out of my wallet if we can't get rid of the AF. It's a shame too, my 6 year old really likes the picture on the card.(It's Starry Night)
Slowly rebuilding, learning as I go, but that's the beauty of learning...You never have to stop!

Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may have to submit in writing your request to close the account.  I was required to do this with US Bank when I closed my secured card with them.

Message 15 of 26
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Yeah, I'm guessing they'll soon be out of my wallet if we can't get rid of the AF. It's a shame too, my 6 year old really likes the picture on the card.(It's Starry Night)

Find the picture online, then find out if any of your future desired cards have custom pic inclusion. Smiley LOL

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

There's a bit of rigidity with them in regards to the secured card. I closed mine right after I obtained my second qs1 last year. If you're getting better limit cards elsewhere then maybe try for the venture or qs. I'm 8 months out of bk and just received approval for a venture one and a qs yesterday and my scores aren't that great at all.
Message 17 of 26
alexl22
Regular Contributor

Maybe you should try and see if there is an option to pc your annual fee QS1 into a no annual fee regular QS if your profile warrents it. I did have to jump through some hoops to get mine done, so my QS1 started at 300 and never had a pc option available, but I did have a pc availible on my venture, so I combined my qs1 into my venture and then pc to a regular QS. Now it is sitting CL of 16.1k and I believe it would have been a year old next month.

Starting Score: myFICO TU: 542, myFICO EQ: 556 EX: 549 (03/2013)
Current Score: 729 TU, EQ: 702, EX 724

Message 18 of 26
GettingBetter2015
Regular Contributor

If I didn't want to avoid the dreaded triple pull, I'd put in another app for the regular card. I'm waiting at least until I know if my AmEx gold Delta sky miles card application gets approved before I even consider applying for anything else. Even then, I might wait until June to apply for anything else (I'll have my highest balance cards paid down/off by then and hopefully a few more CLI on other accounts). I have to admit, getting better approvals on better cards and getting told no by Capital One on even the fee is bugging the crap out of me!

Message 19 of 26
GettingBetter2015
Regular Contributor

OK update, got a call back from EO. She stated she has put it in process to delete my AF. She said she'll send me an email with my new account agreement, so does that mean they PC'd my card to a regular QS? I'm happy to be free of the AF, but I'll be even happier if it is a regular QS.

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.