@shane82388 wrote:

One. One too many lol.

+1 Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 67
JMN
Frequent Contributor

Re: ead in the Re: Capital One

@Timberlynn69 wrote:

Wow I must have had my head in the dirt - I did not know HSBC is being bought out by Cap One! 

HSBC isn't being purchased by Capital One...

HSBC is simply selling their U.S. credit card portfolio to Capital One. 

And I have ZERO Crapital One cards, thankfully. However, if my $9,000 HSBC Platinum MasterCard is being sold to Crapital One... well, I still won't have one. I'd close it before doing business with Crapital One.

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 13 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two Cap1 cards opened last year when rebuilding, I paid the AF on both of them this year against my better judgement, I was going to close them before the AF hit, but I decided to give Crap1 one more year to offer me something better since my scores have gone up over 200 points since I apped last year, and I see (AR=Account Review) soft hits from Cap1 on EQ every other month, so I know they are watching.

I'm not expecting any offers from them, but something in my gut says they are going to step up and offer me an upgrade (again, not expected, just a gut feeling)

If they don't offer, I will be closing them before the AF hits next year.

Message 14 of 67
Smug
Established Contributor

Had two, closed one last week since I have much higher prime cards, will keep my cap one rewards card as its my first card,and NO AF...
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 15 of 67
aamex
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One

lol +1... why close them... when i can just keep their balance at 0, have a good standing open tradeline, and more to $ to contribute to my utilization? Thanks CapOne. You're still the worst, but on the brighter side..good for something. Smiley Tongue

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Message 16 of 67
guydiver
Established Contributor

@digitaldiva wrote:

@Timberlynn69 wrote:

How many Capital One credit cards can you have? 

I have two; I applied for another one of their cards (through an email that I received from them), but I got denied, and the reason was that I too many accounts with them.

I don't think I could live with that.  That cost you a hard inquiry.  They sent you an invitation to apply for another card, then denied you simply because you already had two of their cards.  I would get that hard deleted if it was the last thing I ever did.  Just my .02 cents.

Message 17 of 67
-RED
Regular Contributor

@aamex wrote:

lol +1... why close them... when i can just keep their balance at 0, have a good standing open tradeline, and more to $ to contribute to my utilization? Thanks CapOne. You're still the worst, but on the brighter side..good for something. Smiley Tongue

Thats funny. I may just do this.

Still somewhat worthless, and yet, NOT BE IN YOUR WALLET.

-800 or Bust...!
Message 18 of 67
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

@digitaldiva wrote:

@Timberlynn69 wrote:

How many Capital One credit cards can you have? 

I have two; I applied for another one of their cards (through an email that I received from them), but I got denied, and the reason was that I too many accounts with them.

Are you sure? I had one card, applied for a second and got approved...then directly after the approval (like 5 minutes) I applied for another and was declined. When I got the letter it said it was declined because I had a "pending" application and that was the SOLE reason for being declined...they even made a point to say they did not pull my CR again, and just automatically denied it because of the pending application. Didn't say I had too many cards.

Photobucket
Message 19 of 67
Juan123
Established Contributor

You can in fact only have 2 personal capital one credit cards. New policy, if anyone would like to see it i can pull it up for you.

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 20 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.