Valued Member

Re: ead in the Re: Capital One

^Thank you sir! Smiley Happy

Message 42 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ead in the Re: Capital One

@SenorDragon wrote:

Had one, looking to apply for the Green Cash card soon. Anyone by chance know which CRA they pull from when applying?

Green Cash being the green Cash Rewards? I'm pretty sure that's one of their 'premium' cards, so it might be hard to qualify for. They usually pull all 3, but some people have said they only pulled 1 or 2 for the Venture card, and that's also a premium card.

But since it's Cap One.. I would expect all 3.

Message 43 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One

I've got two. One secured and one unsecured. I'm rebuilding and have practically no credit history and they're the only ones that seem willing to help me. As for the person that said there is a limit on Capital One cards, do you have a link to this? As I've read otherwise elsewhere.

Message 44 of 67
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I don't thin kthere is a limit on how many Cap 1 cards you can have. Just you have to wait 45-90 days before you can app for another card after approval.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 45 of 67
arsenal04
New Contributor

I have a Secured card with them.  They pulled all three when I applied.

Message 46 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LS2982 wrote:

I don't thin kthere is a limit on how many Cap 1 cards you can have. Just you have to wait 45-90 days before you can app for another card after approval.

Thanks. I've been curious about that.

Message 47 of 67
Juan123
Established Contributor

there is a limit for new cardholders. it's 2.

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 48 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LS2982 wrote:

I got approved for my 2 cards days apart. Actually might have even been on the same day, I can't remember.

After that, I've been denied for other cards, and the stated reason was that I had too many Capital One accounts already. Too many being 2. So it would seem there definitely is a limit. It might not apply for people who've had more cards before, or if you get something like the co-branded Kohl's card, but they do have limits.

Of course YMMV, but that's just been my experience.

Message 49 of 67
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

I've read through all of the posts and have a question. I have 2 Cap Ones and am considering apping for the Best Buy card (hopefully store, but could be MC, if that's what they approve). So, if I do, will I be rejected solely because I already have 2 Cap Ones? Or is it still under HSBC? Someone wrote that they were denied a Sony, I think, because of already having 2 Cap Ones. Sorry, don't recall which card it was for sure.

Also, I'm confused about the # of cards limit because reps have several times suggested that I app for a new card -- like when I wanted to convert this card to a rewards card. If their limit is 2, then I wonder why they'd suggest that. But then, I've been given so much erroneous info from them, who knows!

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 50 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.