Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One

I have enrolled into online banking and paperless statements through capital one to pay cc bill. I just made a couple purchases and want to pay some of the balance off but when I try to input my banking information it won't let me pay it says I have zero credit/balance on the account but you can see some pending trans on there.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
journey258
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One

**pending

You have to wait until it completes. The system won't allow you to make a payment when, technically, you have a zero balance.

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 2 of 14
NewSurrender
Contributor

The only way to pay is to send a payment using your bank's bill pay. Which, is easier in my opinion anyways, so you might as well set it up.

Message 3 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@NewSurrender wrote:

The only way to pay is to send a payment using your bank's bill pay. Which, is easier in my opinion anyways, so you might as well set it up.

This is called "pushing" a payment through your bank. This will work when you want to pay on it when your balance is at 0.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LS2982 wrote:

@NewSurrender wrote:

This is called "pushing" a payment through your bank. This will work when you want to pay on it when your balance is at 0.

So I have to go through my personal bank Bill Pay system? 

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one is not on my Biller's list through my bank? is there a way to manually add it ? I use BankPlus 

Message 6 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@NewSurrender wrote:

So I have to go through my personal bank Bill Pay system? 

Who do you bank with?? If they offer bill pay online you can set up online.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 14
journey258
Frequent Contributor

Interesting. When I tried that before my payment was rejected. Maybe its the bank? I tried with Chase.

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 8 of 14
Middleswarth
Frequent Contributor

I pay both of my Crap One cards thru my bank's bill pay (USAA).  It is submitted electronically. 

Message 9 of 14
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Capital one doesn't allow you to make a payment until your first statement cuts. After your first statement you can do it as soon as you have a balance, but when you first get your card you need to wait for your first statement. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.