Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One

tag
Jatindrj
Valued Member

Capital One

Hey all.

First, I want to say that this forum is amazing. When I found it, I was in college with m first credit card. I wasn't very responsible with it but this place helped me know how to manage my credit properly and avoid some major pitfalls and increase my cs dramatically. Thanks to everyone who shares and inputs information on here!

So, my first card was with Capital One. I started out with the platinum and a $500 limit. Couple months later, auto cli to $750. Year after, closed it because of the fee and got another with a $3,000 limit. I received that card in my second year of college. I'm now a year out and in grad school with a job and plans for the future. Have I gotten a cli on this card? Of course not. But I have gotten an increase (one of them more than once) on all the cards I opened less than a year ago, almost all passing my Capital One. I have the Venture One card. I love to travel. And I would love to make big purchases with it and rack up miles for a vacation for me and the lady, But I can't. Not on this card.

So I finally got around. I googled the "CEO"'s email on Saturday. Today I received a call back. They asked the standard credit questions (income, investments, requested limit, etc). He said he'll call back in 2-10 days, which I though was an odd timeframe. Its going to be a soft pull and hopefully I get it. The only negative thing on my report is a few inquiries (blunder on my part) but everything else is positive. The only thing I am beating myself up about is when he asked if a partial increase would be acceptable. I said yes. Maybe I should've pushed harder? Anyone go through this process and come out happy?

Amex BCE - 15.9k, QuickSilver - 8k, Freedom - 5k, Discover It - 7.5k
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One

Bump and I hope you get the increase. I haven't been through the EO office yet but other folks have.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 2 of 6
bs6054
Valued Contributor

I think that experience here with the EO has been very largely positive.   This is one of the cases where people are (probably) equally likely to post about success and failure, and most people seem to have some or all of: CLI, PC, removal of AF.   That said, some were told "No", and we don't really know the reasons.  So not universal magic, but the odds seem pretty good for getting at least a partial improvement.

Edit: Just to add, some of the complaints are that you shouldn't HAVE to go through a special channel to get run-of-the-mill changes like this.  And that is of course true.  The hope is that some of the constraint-relaxing will trickle down into BAU operations.   If the EO keeps getting tons of requests, this might happen.  (Or the EO might decide to stop helping!)

Message 3 of 6
Jatindrj
Valued Member

So I logged on today and noticed my limit went from $3,000 to $5,000! The rep I spoke to asked what limit I was looking for. I said $7,500, minimum $5,000. Maybe I should have left out the minimum part but oh well. Still, its an increase. I haven't been able to use it like I wanted to because I've had purchases total a little over 3k and even up to 6k but now I can get a lot more miles!

Amex BCE - 15.9k, QuickSilver - 8k, Freedom - 5k, Discover It - 7.5k
Message 4 of 6
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Congrats! That's fantastic!
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 5 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.