Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One

tag
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One

I have two.

Cap1 Platinum    - 500CL (since Feb 2011)

Cap1 Cash Back - 500CL (since Nov 2011)

Every one complains about Cap1 and how horrible they are with CLI but Cap1 assisted me in rebuilding more than anybody. They gave me an unsecured card with ZERO active positive trade lines. It gave me an opportunity to raise my FICOs when no other lender would.

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 21 of 67
MissExcellentCredit
Regular Contributor

I couldn't agree more. Everyone might not have had a good experience, but Capital One has been great to me (and I to them with paying my bills on time). They are generous and consistent with giving me CLI too. Thanks Cap. One.

Current 2013 Score: ScoreWatch Transunion: 737, ScoreWatch Equifax: 723, Nordstrom Equifax: 734
Goal Score for January 2014: 750-809 range

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 67
Juan123
Established Contributor

capital one actually gave me my first and 3rd cards ever, unfortunately neither have gotten a CLI since then. one i've had for 3 years and 8 months, the other for a little over 2 years. but that's not there fault >_<

i like my capital one cards

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Long way to go ^_^
Message 23 of 67
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@mAndrew1980 wrote:

I have two.

Cap1 Platinum    - 500CL (since Feb 2011)

Cap1 Cash Back - 500CL (since Nov 2011)

Every one complains about Cap1 and how horrible they are with CLI but Cap1 assisted me in rebuilding more than anybody. They gave me an unsecured card with ZERO active positive trade lines. It gave me an opportunity to raise my FICOs when no other lender would.

I have two, as well:

Cap1 Visa Platinum - 6400 CL (since 1999, up from 1400 earlier this year; yep, a 5000 CLI!)

Cap1 Cash Rewards MC - 750 CL (since Oct 2010, my first rewards card)

They've been a big help to me with rebuilding, and I'm very happy that I've been able to get cash back rewards on a rebuilder card. I really can't complain.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 24 of 67
john398
Senior Contributor

@Juan123 wrote:

You can in fact only have 2 personal capital one credit cards. New policy, if anyone would like to see it i can pull it up for you.

does that include the sony card? I wonder if they will be closing one of my accounts than,

I have a sony card by capital 1 and 2 plat mastercards

Message 25 of 67
Juan123
Established Contributor

since the sony card was just recently purchased by capital one from chase it wont be included in the 2 you're allowed to have,(if you already have it) but if you have 2 now and try to apply for a 3rd it will be denied.

Long way to go ^_^
Message 26 of 67
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

@guydiver wrote:

@digitaldiva wrote:

@Timberlynn69 wrote:

How many Capital One credit cards can you have? 

I have two; I applied for another one of their cards (through an email that I received from them), but I got denied, and the reason was that I too many accounts with them.

I don't think I could live with that.  That cost you a hard inquiry.  They sent you an invitation to apply for another card, then denied you simply because you already had two of their cards.  I would get that hard deleted if it was the last thing I ever did.  Just my .02 cents.

Sorry...didn't see your response until today; had I thought about it, I probably would have requested that the hard inquiry be deleted.  But I'm sure it's too late now...oh well.

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 27 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've got two of their cards, both opened in December 2010. One is a regular Platinum card (went to $750 from $500 back in May) and the other one is a Secured card (been at $3k since probably February and hasn't moved since).

I did apply for a Sony card a while back, and was denied due to having too many accounts as well. When I tried to ask if two is the limit, I kept getting told that "it depends" and that there's no pre-set card limit. But it sounds like there definitely is.

Message 28 of 67
Juan123
Established Contributor

when they said it depends, it's because the new kohls card which capital one also acquired won't be apart of that 2 limit, if you already have 2 and are merged into capital one because of a purchase then you wouldn't count.

Long way to go ^_^
Message 29 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Juan123 wrote:

when they said it depends, it's because the new kohls card which capital one also acquired won't be apart of that 2 limit, if you already have 2 and are merged into capital one because of a purchase then you wouldn't count.

I think it's more of a question of their reps having absolutely no idea what they're telling you. I've gotten more wrong information from them than any other bank so far.

Wondering how that's going to work with the HSBC/Orchard cards getting merged in..

Message 30 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.