cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One

Established Member

Capital One

I have enrolled into online banking and paperless statements through capital one to pay cc bill. I just made a couple purchases and want to pay some of the balance off but when I try to input my banking information it won't let me pay it says I have zero credit/balance on the account but you can see some pending trans on there.

EQ/637
TU/616
EXP/659


Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One

**pending

 

You have to wait until it completes. The system won't allow you to make a payment when, technically, you have a zero balance.


Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 2 of 14
Contributor

Re: Capital One

The only way to pay is to send a payment using your bank's bill pay. Which, is easier in my opinion anyways, so you might as well set it up.

Message 3 of 14
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital One


NewSurrender wrote:

The only way to pay is to send a payment using your bank's bill pay. Which, is easier in my opinion anyways, so you might as well set it up.


This is called "pushing" a payment through your bank. This will work when you want to pay on it when your balance is at 0.




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 14
Established Member

Re: Capital One


LS2982 wrote:

NewSurrender wrote:

The only way to pay is to send a payment using your bank's bill pay. Which, is easier in my opinion anyways, so you might as well set it up.


This is called "pushing" a payment through your bank. This will work when you want to pay on it when your balance is at 0.


So I have to go through my personal bank Bill Pay system? 

EQ/637
TU/616
EXP/659


Message 5 of 14
Established Member

Re: Capital One

Capital one is not on my Biller's list through my bank? is there a way to manually add it ? I use BankPlus 

EQ/637
TU/616
EXP/659


Message 6 of 14
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital One


Rackham12 wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

NewSurrender wrote:

The only way to pay is to send a payment using your bank's bill pay. Which, is easier in my opinion anyways, so you might as well set it up.


This is called "pushing" a payment through your bank. This will work when you want to pay on it when your balance is at 0.


So I have to go through my personal bank Bill Pay system? 


Who do you bank with?? If they offer bill pay online you can set up online.




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 14
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One

Interesting. When I tried that before my payment was rejected. Maybe its the bank? I tried with Chase.


Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 8 of 14
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One

I pay both of my Crap One cards thru my bank's bill pay (USAA).  It is submitted electronically. 

Message 9 of 14
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One

Capital one doesn't allow you to make a payment until your first statement cuts. After your first statement you can do it as soon as you have a balance, but when you first get your card you need to wait for your first statement. 

Message 10 of 14