Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One

tag
NiNoMArksLA
Contributor

Capital One

Hey everybody I got a new capital one cash rewards new us card with a $500 limit

I had a capital one platinum MC with $300 had that since 7 months should I call capital one and tell them to put the limit together

and after my 3rd payment on the platinum i get a CLI to $500 Auto

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One

Hmmm, CapOne isn't really good about putting limits together.  In fact they flat out told me no. 

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 2 of 6
NiNoMArksLA
Contributor

how do i get high limts on credit cards?
Message 3 of 6
namvet
Established Contributor

@NiNoMArksLA wrote:
how do i get high limts on credit cards?

Time and a lot of patience!

Message 4 of 6
SpeedingWheels
Contributor

You use your current cards very gently, pay them off and wait 6 months for the INQ's to fall off. 

Your credit score will slowly grow and you'll qualify for higher limit cards in time. 

It's not a fast process. 

Walmart Discover ($5000) - Amazon ($5500) - Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2000) - Meijer ($5000) - Discover More ($1800) - Car Care One ($2100) - Amex Delta Skymiles ($2000) - Citi Thank You Preferred ($2000) - Chase Freedom ($500) - Sam's Club, GE ($1237?)
Message 5 of 6
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

And with CapOne, you need to holler and squeak pretty loud for them to give you a CLI.  After a year or so and no increases, move up the chain until someone will listen to you.  Subprime/rebuilders don't grow after their initial credit steps increase.  Some people get one, others get two, but you will be stuck until you app for one of their "prime" cards like Cash Rewards Visa/Platimum Premier MC/Venture/VentureOne VisaSig.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.