Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One

Any experienced Credit card holders out there this time of night. 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One

I think there's always someone on here who's awake. I guess with different time zones. And working nights. hahaha. 

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been getting approvals from 1500 to 2K in the past 2 days.  I applied for a Sony Visa with Cap one. got an instant 300 approval.  I already have 2 other visa with cap one over 1k limit. Should I cancel the 300 card that they just approved me for because of the low limit. 

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's up to you. Why not keep it. It cost you 3 hard pulls.

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow impressive.  

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

wow impressive.  

What's your current profile?

1, FICO scores?

2. How may cards do you have now?

3. AAoA?

I try to limit getting store cards. Getting store cards left and right will affect your AAoA. But if you have more benefit from them, go for it. I think most strore cards are issued by Comenity or Synchrony. They have been known to close accounts randomly. Diversify your accounts with multiple lenders that you plan to stick with for a long time.

Message 6 of 16
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Getting any type of cards left and right will affect your AAoA, not just store cards. The card is opened. Any damage to AAoA is done.

Keep it awhile and if it ends up not working for you, close it.
NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

To me this could also point to your income why your limits are coming in low....

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrsCHX wrote:
Getting any type of cards left and right will affect your AAoA, not just store cards. The card is opened. Any damage to AAoA is done.

Keep it awhile and if it ends up not working for you, close it.

Yes, this is very true. My response was very irresponsible. I apologize for that. I meant to say, if I were to lose valuable AAoA, I wouldn't do it with getting store cards. But then, it's value completely depends on someone's need. I say, research and prioritize your needs and find the one that will give you the most return in terms of rewards, points, cash back and have the most benefit from.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

FCU 500, NFCU Go Rewards 1700, Cap one rewards 1500, Cap one platnium 1100, paypal 2K, Kay 1500,  Furniture 2K, Barclay 1500, Sony Cap one 300, Walmart 700, Belk 350, Merrick bank 1400, Pier one 1500, Home Depot 500, Meijer 700, Firestone 800 and 16 other retail cards ranging from 300 to 800.   

EQ 602, TU 632, EX 634

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.